Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much snow did you get?
Just got done getting all the snow taken care from last night, we got just over 7" and another 4" yesterday. I heard on the news that Alta has received over 756" so far this Winter and that was before this last snow.
Wow, we've only gotten a dusting from all the storms here, however I guess they got around 3' up in Montana in some areas.
I got just over six inches last night. Just over four inches the other day.  My cousin in Layton got sixteen inches last night.
(03-27-2023, 10:43 PM)steelhawk Wrote: I got just over six inches last night. Just over four inches the other day.  My cousin in Layton got sixteen inches last night.

Wow, 16" in Layton, that's a bunch, sounds like that lake effect snow was really kicking up good there.
(03-27-2023, 08:37 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Wow, we've only gotten a dusting from all the storms here, however I guess they got around 3' up in Montana in some areas.

They were saying most of the snow in this area is coming from lake effect snow showers.
Sunday's storm surprised me with 8". At first from looking out the front door I thought it was about 3" maybe 4". On Monday was another surprise of 8" again. Having a doctor's appointment at 8am at Davis North I cleared the driveway prior to and by the time I returned home another 2" accumulated. My drive to Layton by way of I-15 35-40mph to the Layton Antelope exit heavy snow was hitting. Most drivers were being cautious however there were those who in a hurry going too fast darting in & out of traffic creating a potential hazard. 
I saw the same report Curt mentioned of Alta. Usually, I put away the snowthrower attached to the lawn tractor in March but with more weather coming in I need to do some repair maintenance now. The good news is the hard surfaces are starting to melt off easier, some needing help with snow removal. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(03-28-2023, 12:34 PM)Bduck Wrote: Sunday's storm surprised me with 8". At first from looking out the front door I thought it was about 3" maybe 4". On Monday was another surprise of 8" again. Having a doctor's appointment at 8am at Davis North I cleared the driveway prior to and by the time I returned home another 2" accumulated. My drive to Layton by way of I-15 35-40mph to the Layton Antelope exit heavy snow was hitting. Most drivers were being cautious however there were those who in a hurry going too fast darting in & out of traffic creating a potential hazard. 
I saw the same report Curt mentioned of Alta. Usually, I put away the snowthrower attached to the lawn tractor in March but with more weather coming in I need to do some repair maintenance now. The good news is the hard surfaces are starting to melt off easier, some needing help with snow removal. 
Wow, you got hammered with snow at your place Roger, glad you made it to you doc appointment safely in that storm, from the reports it looked like a mess on the roads.
1/4” from the last one up here
(03-28-2023, 02:48 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 08:37 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Wow, we've only gotten a dusting from all the storms here, however I guess they got around 3' up in Montana in some areas.

They were saying most of the snow in this area is coming from lake effect snow showers.

Ok, I know that can dump quite a bit of snow in that area, saw it when I was working over there in the early 90's. Most all the storms lately have been going around us here and the eastern part of the state has been getting hammered the last couple weeks.
(03-28-2023, 10:46 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote:
(03-28-2023, 02:48 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Ok, I know that can dump quite a bit of snow in that area, saw it when I was working over there in the early 90's. Most all the storms lately have been going around us here and the eastern part of the state has been getting hammered the last couple weeks.

Does any of the snow melt and come in your direction? Hopefully it does.
Some of it does, we got quite a bit above us, hopefully it'll fill up the lake, I know we get some out of Nevada too, but not sure how much comes out of the desert there.
(03-28-2023, 11:15 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Some of it does, we got quite a bit above us, hopefully it'll fill up the lake, I know we get some out of Nevada too, but not sure how much comes out of the desert there.

Does any of it come from the Raft river mountains?
A little, it's kinda weird, the lake sits on the south end of the Albion and south hill mountain ranges, so it only gets probably 1/4 of it's water from them and the rest from Nevada and maybe some from the desert in Utah.
(03-29-2023, 01:18 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: A little, it's kinda weird, the lake sits on the south end of the Albion and south hill mountain ranges, so it only gets probably 1/4 of it's water from them and the rest from Nevada and maybe some from the desert in Utah.

Here is a link to the snowpack in the Raft river range and the rest of Utah, just to show where we are sitting here in Utah:
https://www.ksl.com/weather/snowpack
Dam, you guys should fill up reservoirs really well this year, I believe the raft river range sends some our way. Our snowpack looks pretty good, lots of water in the snow this year.
This was my "occasional flurries" Monday...

[Image: NjOlM6Zl.jpg]
(03-29-2023, 03:06 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: This was my "occasional flurries" Monday...

Wow Rocky, you got a bunch of snow, did you by chance measure it or can you take a guess on how much that you got?
Wow, hope our flurries don't end up like that, everything here just dried up
Barely a dusting in the Heber Valley.

Which is just fine with me.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(03-29-2023, 10:38 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: Barely a dusting in the Heber Valley.

Which is just fine with me.

That's amazing considering how much Park city is getting.