Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 4-11-23
Kory and I had the best trip of the year to Strawberry today.  A little unusual for the catching to improve so late in the ice season.  I was really surprised that my first fish was a 17" kokanee (not common when fishing in only 23' of water).  My third fish was a heavy 19" rainbow.  Both of them volunteered to come home and become sturgeon bait.  Beautiful day and getting around was not a problem (the snow got a little soft by the time we hiked back around 2 PM) with no slush on the surface.  Drilling holes was another story.  Unless I redrilled some holes, that had been recently used, I had to use my chipper bar to break approximately 2" of ice, out of the bottom of the hole, after drilling as far as my auger would reach.

[Image: Strawberry.png]
Thanks for the report. Did you catch more than those 2 fish?
Sounds like a great way to spend a Spring day and catching a koke to boot was icing on the cake, that's a hard feet to accomplish any time you are out there ice fishing on the Berry.
Kent hope you enter those in the contest, be fun to see some more trout hit the score board... Congrats on a great trip, sounded like a fun one... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(04-12-2023, 03:19 AM)icerman Wrote: Thanks for the report.  Did you catch more than those 2 fish?

Yes, we caught a total of 60 fish.

(04-12-2023, 03:28 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Kent hope you enter those in the contest, be fun to see some more trout hit the score board... Congrats on a great trip, sounded like a fun one... Later Jeff

I was thinking that I should have entered the contest, but alas I hadn't so I didn't take any pictures next to my measuring stick.
Hey! Nice job on getting a Strawberry koke. Haven't seen much of them the last couple seasons. Drove past there today. Still people out giving it a shot. Long season.