Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvy 4/23
Found out the ice come off late last week, got yard work mostly done on saturday, so decided to hit starvy, hit the ramp at 8 still a bit cool on the ride to hit some gravel bars I know about, sun come out and I could take my hand out of my pockets, hit several spots, with only one taker, 20 inch brown, 
[Image: 20230423-094741.jpg]

Did a lot of recon, never found any schools of fish,  didnt try for bows, Im sure trolling a clown colored rapala would produce some, they sure liked them last fall,  there was loons all over on there way back north, 

[Image: 20230423-125835.jpg]

warmest water I found was 44 deg, still a bit cool, couldnt have asked for a nicer day, not much water coming in Knights still clear water, starts to get stained up by Strawberry river.
[Image: 20230423-104840.jpg]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Great report, sounded like a fun season opener even if it was a little slow, but at least you found quality... Nice job... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Thanks for the report and pictures.  
You would think with as much as there is to eat in there that the brown would be a little fatter.

I know it's early but a couple of us are going to give it a go tomorrow in our tubes.  We are not expecting much but it will be nice to get back over there.
(04-25-2023, 08:36 PM)gofish435 Wrote: Thanks for the report and pictures.  
You would think with as much as there is to eat in there that the brown would be a little fatter.

I know it's early but a couple of us are going to give it a go tomorrow in our tubes.  We are not expecting much but it will be nice to get back over there.

I was surprised also, thought it was a bit skinny,  I didnt make it in rabbit, It was realy nice being one of the 4 trailers in the lot.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Thanks for the report and pics, glad you got at least one fish for you efforts. Did you try above the bridge? Might be too early there but in past years we have got eyes there, working the R/H shoreline as you go up to the stream.