Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Ski Resort
Wasatch County to be home to new ski resort starting in 2024 (msn.com)
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Yeah. They have been working on it for almost two years.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
There is also a new one they are working on that is up Weber canyon, it is on the South side of the road, they have been working on it for a least two years but I guess they are in no hurry.
(06-04-2023, 09:30 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: There is also a new one they are working on that is up Weber canyon, it is on the South side of the road, they have been working on it for a least two years but I guess they are in no hurry.

The one up weber canyon will be a private one that is to be for residents who buy into the development also going in. It's a longer process since they've had to remove trees for the runs and development but also to get the power and gas lines run up to there and also do all road work as well so construction of homes and such can be easier. I think the power lines have been done as it had lights on those runs this last winter.  

They had a guy die up there this winter skiing on the runs, maybe he was testing them out, it didn't say.
(06-10-2023, 03:53 PM)jjannie Wrote:
(06-04-2023, 09:30 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: There is also a new one they are working on that is up Weber canyon, it is on the South side of the road, they have been working on it for a least two years but I guess they are in no hurry.

The one up weber canyon will be a private one that is to be for residents who buy into the development also going in. It's a longer process since they've had to remove trees for the runs and development but also to get the power and gas lines run up to there and also do all road work as well so construction of homes and such can be easier. I think the power lines have been done as it had lights on those runs this last winter.  

They had a guy die up there this winter skiing on the runs, maybe he was testing them out, it didn't say.

That's what Lance told me as well, I wonder if it will be a gated community. It would be nice to drive up there and see what it all looks like. When I was in my early 20's we use to hunt up there, long walk from the bottom.
(06-13-2023, 01:09 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(06-10-2023, 03:53 PM)jjannie Wrote:

That's what Lance told me as well, I wonder if it will be a gated community. It would be nice to drive up there and see what it all looks like. When I was in my early 20's we use to hunt up there, long walk from the bottom.
 Some how its supposed to private though. The guy who was killed had borrowed someone's pass to go up and ski - wonder what that did to how well their security is so far.