Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo two more visits
Well, I hit up Echo again. Yesterday and this past Monday. Both trips were successful for my target species, the walleye. I did better on Monday than yesterday. Monday, I got out at about 10 am on the tube. Paddle tail swimbait scored me 4 walleye and I also lost one close to the tube. Three were 18 inches in length and the fourth was 14 inches. I hit a different location from the bank yesterday evening. I caught 3 fourteen inch walleye. Also landed a nice 17-inch smallmouth as well. If you wanna find the walleye on Echo, think of shallow and rocky bottom. I think anywhere on the lake with those features will be holding them. The best method for me on these two trips is to cast, let the jig sink, then slowly roll them back in. Every hit I had they were aggressive strikes.
Gabe
Thanks for the report.  It sounds like you have Echo figured out.

I've never fished there but hope to later this summer.  I like those kinds of places with multiple species. 
(06-10-2023, 03:43 AM)gofish435 Wrote: Thanks for the report.  It sounds like you have Echo figured out.

I've never fished there but hope to later this summer.  I like those kinds of places with multiple species. 

Deer Creek is my favorite Northern Utah destination. I have never fished at Lake Powell, so I can't say Deer Creek is my favorite for the entire state. I wouldn't say I have walleye figured out anywhere in Utah though. I have had numerous outings in the float tube, on the shore, a few times in a boat, or through the ice just scratching my head about catching them walleye. Variety is the spice of life, but I could do without catching a trout lol. Good luck if you fish Echo. 
Gabe
Nice report.. Not a lot of people catching the eyes from Echo, at least ones who will say so. I know they stocked it again a few years back with sterile ones hoping to control the population. Seem that life finds a way...
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(06-10-2023, 04:02 AM)Freakyfisherman Wrote:
(06-10-2023, 03:43 AM)gofish435 Wrote: Thanks for the report.  It sounds like you have Echo figured out.

Deer Creek is my favorite Northern Utah destination. I have never fished at Lake Powell, so I can't say Deer Creek is my favorite for the entire state. I wouldn't say I have walleye figured out anywhere in Utah though. I have had numerous outings in the float tube, on the shore, a few times in a boat, or through the ice just scratching my head about catching them walleye. Variety is the spice of life, but I could do without catching a trout lol. Good luck if you fish Echo. 
Gabe
Thanks.

I like Deer Creek myself from my tube but I only fish it when everything else is frozen so I have only caught trout and perch.  I have too many places closer to home. Wink