Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 06/16
Went to Strawberry on Friday, the 16th. Strawberry is about two hours away for me, so I just haven't fished it. A friend from work wanted to go up there with his son, and that was all the reason I needed. Met up at Haw's Point about 7:30. First cast with a white tube jig and crawler and I had a 20" cut on there. Was thinking that could be a good sign but it was pretty slow from there. I caught one more small rainbow about an hour later and my friend's son picked up a 17" cut. We decided to make a move over to the Soldier Creek side and ended up by the dam. Could see good schools of cuts cruising, so we set up. I started picking up a few, just steady enough to keep me interested. Things were slow for them, and they headed out about 1:00. I finished the day around 6:00 with 16 or so fish, including a handful of nice cuts and about a 3lb rainbow. Nothing was the magic ticket, just kept mixing it up and getting a fish here and there. Got several with power eggs on the bottom. Also got quite a few on a 3" white Gulp minnow with a 1/16 oz jig head.

I will be headed back to Strawberry a few more times this summer. It is a chore for me to get there, but what a great fishery.
That's a good report.  Thanks for sharing. I wanted to go up there today, but the wind forecast was a bit scary so we didn't go.
Adding a few pictures.

[Image: 20230616-172649.jpg]

[Image: imagejpeg-0.jpg]
Sounds like you did good, moving to the SS side and the day turned out positive for you. Did you go over the mountain and come out at Aspen cove, to get to SS dam or did you did back to the main road and go back that way?
(06-20-2023, 09:41 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Sounds like you did good, moving to the SS side and the day turned out positive for you. Did you go over the mountain and come out at Aspen cove, to get to SS dam or did you did back to the main road and go back that way?

We went back out to the main road and around. I am new to Strawberry and wasn't sure where we would end up pulling off to fish, just knew that I wanted to make my way over to the Soldier Creek side. Good to know you could go either way.