Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beautiful day on Jackson Lake
After a long drive to Afton we spent the night and then hit the road at 5 am for Teton national park. It's always a great drive, especially when I'm not doing the driving.
Arrived at Colder Bay at 5.

[Image: 20230622-071646.jpg]
Water was up high and very calm till about 2 pm. Fishing started off good but the pups were a little smaller than last year.

[Image: 20230622-152556.jpg]

So we started moving around.  And try other stuff.  Best was big hammer brass cow bells, and half and half, followed by a minnow.

I tried flat fish, Rapalas, spoons and we stopped and jiged for awhile got one that way.

[Image: 20230622-103843.jpg]

[Image: 20230622-103647.jpg]
Switched back to pop gear and finished our 18 fish limit. With one very nice 25 inch cutthroat. 

I would post on wyoming BF but no one in wyoming cares to share.
Great day with my cousin,  and spectacular scenery. 
Did you see any bears? My father in-law and I use to haul our horses all the way up there and pack into pilgrim and wolverine creek to hunt elk. Amazing country
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
No bears, Buffalo, elk, and mountains.
Thanks for the report and pics.

You can't beat the scenery up there. Smile  
Sounds way fun.
"After a long drive to Afton we spent the night and then hit the road at 5 am for Teton national park. It's always a great drive, especially when I'm not doing the driving.
Arrived at Colder Bay at 5."

That is some fast driving to arrive at the same time that you started. Smile
(06-25-2023, 02:09 PM)Kent Wrote: "After a long drive to Afton we spent the night and then hit the road at 5 am for Teton national park. It's always a great drive, especially when I'm not doing the driving.
Arrived at Colder Bay at 5." Oops  took 2 hrs. Arrived at 7.

That is some fast driving to arrive at the same time that you started. Smile