Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bank Tangling in High Water
Got two reports...

First we took Buckwheat and his wheelchair out Saturday. Drove to Mantua as we knew we could push him up the two ramps and set him up on the dike. Bad choice, we pulled in, waved at all the water lovers, and pulled back out. We had a place at Pineview that we can get him, so we tried that next - same deal - just to crowed for us hillbillies. Abandoned that plan and will take him out during the week (just not on a weekend).

Second, Cookie and I hit Lost Creek early in the week. Wanted to try out our idea on how we wanted to change up a few of our YouTube videos.

Mostly looking for chubs for bait but had the trout rods along too. Could not find the chubs. A bit odd as we went shallow in the inlet an a couple places with deeper water. So we put out the trout rods. As dusk came the fish started to get active on the surface. Then Cookie put the hurt on her biggest rainbow from shore - to date. To the smoker he went. He grabbed one of our pugly perch bugs. I should have pulled out the fly rod but were were having such a nice quiet evening that we just chilled and enjoyed listening to the chukers in the rocks talk to each other. 

As for the video. The link is below. It feels to mechanical and not like our personality, so we have some work to do with this idea to be what we want for an end product. But that is the fun part of trying new things. 

I guess a third report - panfish at Pineview are up in the flooded weed inlets. Just got to get their before the party people get out of bed. Gona go bother them and then swing over to Rockport and use the castable sonar to see if I can find some perch near the bank. Should be a fun week.

https://youtu.be/LPtH0cAB7dw

[Image: 20230621-201854.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Cookie. Nice fish
I thought your video was great Lance and I like the idea of including different items to show off, like your castable fish finder. Keep up the great video productions. Glad you two are able to get out more this year, missed those videos last year.