Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport report.
Rockport is full and the water is take your breath away, and certain body parts away, cold.  Fishing was slow from various spots on the west side. Very pressured by shore fisherman, kayakers and paddle boards. 
Found out I still suck at fly fishing but green sparkle power bait still catches trout and worms on a small hook still catch perch. I missed around 20 perch hits. They would hit it just a couple times then lost interest. 
Fishing is best in the earlier-ish A.M. 
Dinner pic:

[Image: IMG-7944.jpg]

[Image: IMG-7946.jpg]

And the dog. Cause she’s cute:

[Image: IMG-7943.jpg]
Good to hear the perch are biting along the shore again, were you fishing right on the bottom for them or under a bobber? Thanks for the report.
This was on the bottom. There were others fishing under a bobber but they were not adjusting their depth. Just a light slip sinker, 15 inches of leader. Not far casts. 20-30 yards is all. I would let it sit for bit then a turn or two of the reel and that’s where the bite would happen. I just couldn’t hook them. Pretty aggressive bite before they would lose interest.
Interesting, make me wonder if a slip bobber would work.
Pugly perch bugs will Wink
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew