Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall Challenge and Cat Contest 2023 Standings
This will be the new home for the Fall Challenge score updates... This contest will be the same as the spring challenge, except you have to catch new fish to enter them here... This is for fish caught between July 1, 2023 and October 31, 2023... I will continue to be the moderator scoring this contest.  Jim will be doing the Cat Contest 2023.  I guess we could post the results of both contests on this post so you don't have to go to too many different places for an update... If that is good with Jim we'll do that... Good luck everyone... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I want in!
[Image: image000000-1.jpg]
Evan Haddock
(06-28-2023, 01:24 PM)EvanH Wrote: I want in!

Hey Evan, got you added to the Challenge and we'll get Jim to add you to the Cat Contest... Nice fish, where you out of?  We do a north south contest so if you fish Jordon river south, you are south, bear river is north... Welcome and hope you have some fun... Later Jeff
Here is the first cut of the Catfish Contest Standings. It includes all people who were signed up for the Spring Challenge and their largest single cat posted through yesterday.

Please check to see if you are listed and on the right team. Since most of this was copy and paste from one spreadsheet to another, there may be errors, but with your help we'll get them fixed.

Future cat entries to fill in you top 3 places should be posted as indicated in the instructions Jeff already posted.

I will plan to post updated standings each Wednesday, but you know how plans are Smile

Let the fun begin!

[Image: Inital-Standings.jpg]

(06-28-2023, 01:35 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:
(06-28-2023, 01:24 PM)EvanH Wrote: I want in!

Hey Evan, got you added to the Challenge and we'll get Jim to add you to the Cat Contest... Nice fish, where you out of?  We do a north south contest so if you fish Jordon river south, you are south, bear river is north... Welcome and hope you have some fun... Later Jeff

Thank you I am usually fishing cache valley area but travel a little further south on occasion.
Evan Haddock
Okay looks like you are team north, we allow one out of area cat to be entered out of your three fish... Sorry asked you the same questions on two different spots just ignore the other one... Thanks Jeff
(07-03-2023, 02:21 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Okay looks like you are team north, we allow one out of area cat to be entered out of your three fish... Sorry asked you the same questions on two different spots just ignore the other one... 
Alrighty! I'm stoked to see what everyone is catching! Thanks for the help!
Evan Haddock
In an effort to sort of keep the old catfish tradition alive, we brought the old contest back and let everyone keep their biggest catfish from the spring contest, so you'll see a group that starts the contest with one fish, then the rest will have to be earned... I heard rumors and seen pictures of a 30" catfish caught from Utah Lake on the first, but I haven't seen it entered yet... Hint hint Greg, doesn't count unless you enter it, even if I am your brother in law I can't show you any favortism.... But that is the only fish I've heard of since the new contests began over the weekend... Getting so hot, I imagine the catfishermen will be taking the night shift for awhile... Last cats I got were all males and pretty bruised up from the spawn, so I suspect the catfishing game will be changing over to the dog days and cat nights method... Look forward to seeing what you can find... Later J
Jeff, Brett and I both caught a cat or two on Saturday but they were modest in size and I don't know if Brett will even enter his. I'm going to enter mine if only for a joke or a start that I can easily bypass later. I heard that Jim and Jon got a few but don't know if they'll enter them either. UL has been tough lately. Hopefully it will pick up soon.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Here's our first Fall Challenge Standings... Ended up a better start than I figured since the Spring challenge had slowed down for entries.
Jon starts off in the lead with two first place categories including the busy catfish category...  I did put Brett's fish on here, that we are still working on verifying, but I expect it will be verified, so I have added it... Also the figure won't show it, but Mike starts off with a monster eye that you'll see pull him up through the rest of the contest.. Congrats everyone and thanks for starting off so quickly... Later J

Attached Files Image(s)

Here are the Cat Contest standings for the first (partial) week. Looks like we're off to a great start, great work!

I marked Evan as Team North. 

Please let me know if I have anything incorrect.

[Image: 7-5-23-Update.jpg]
[b][i]Week 2 Update for the Challenge:  Dirtbag was tied by PiscoLOML, way to go Jon and Julie... Looks like fishing with Jim is the way to get on top of the weekly ratings... Great job you guys... Kent added a good one to the chart as well, congrats on some great fish... Here's the charts for you to check out... Later J[/i][/b]

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is the July 12 update for the cat contest. Jon (Dirtbag) is still in the lead. Biggest fish of the week was Julie (PiscoLOML) at 29" and the biggest movement of the week was Kent and Julie. Great week to both of you!

[Image: 7-12-23-Update.jpg]

Another Week of the Cat Contest and another leader. Here is the July 19th Update. Julie moved into the top spot with a 30 and a 29.5. John added a 28 and Kent a 27.5. Things will just heat up from here!

[Image: 7-19-23-Update.jpg]
Much to my surprise we only had one entry this week, a 27" cat from John (Ahi). No change in the placements though. We should be entering the post spawn feeding flurry. so keep after them!

[Image: 7-26-23-Update.jpg]
I forgot to come back and post the update last week and there hasn't been any changes in the challenge this week... Julie is in the lead in this contest as well.. Congrats Julie... Later J

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is this weeks updated standings for the Cat Contest. The only fish posted were 2 by John (Ahi), but they were good ones at 29 and 30 inches. That moves him into first place by one point. Things should get interesting as the big fish start to show up again!

[Image: Update-2023-08-02.jpg]
Been a long time since my last update, but we had some changes at the top, Jon just moved past Julie to take top honors for the current week.. Nice fish hitting the charts a 31 and 32 cat, a 31" carp, lots of movement and oops, with Jon's movement, it put Brett up a few spots and I didn't see that after I had updated, so Brett is tied for 3rd place now... congrats for all the efforts... Watch the big cats start rolling in now, Lynn is getting them dialed in, Jon, Julie and Jim are on the mark and I heard Richard and Vi are catching some good ones as well... May start to see more action in the cat contest for the rest of this month, but I hope some of you still keep the fall challenge in mind and keep the numbers going up... Hopefully in a month or so I'll be able to join in the fun... Well maybe six weeks... but at least I have some hope... Have a great week... Jeff

Interesting how the contest scores roll, I put Brett's numbers in before Jon's and he had a ton of entries, but it didn't change his spot in the rankings, but once I put Jon's fish in it moved Brett past two others in the contest. So even if you think you're fish in a low popularity division isn't doing any good, just wait, when a few other entries hit the board your score will grow and move up the ranks... I like that about this scoring, it's like making interest on your investment... Anyway just a comment from the peanut gallery... Later J

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's the Cat Contest update for 8/8/2023. A bunch of great fish added this week. It looks like things are heating up on schedule! Jon took over the #1 spot and was the first to post 3 fish over 30. Congrats to Jon, Lynn and John for new fish over 30".

[Image: 8-8-2023-Update.jpg]

Time for your Monday Update... Had some movement this week, Brett has moved up to number 2 and Jim is right behind him as number 3... Once again folks that didn't even catch anything new moved up, funny how that residual scoring works... Great job everyone... Later Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)