Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marked safe from Kokanee 6/22 SC/SB
Thursday morning I met up with Obifishkanobi, Brad, and Wayne at the turn off to Soldier Creek marina just before 5am. We loaded up into Obi’s ride and made our way to the ramp. After launching we put the lines in and started trolling and getting to know each other. 

We hooked into rainbow’s and cutthroat’s fairly quickly. I wanted to try some new setups I’d picked up. First up was a PPT golden nickel flutter big behind a wonder bread dodger. It fished well but no kokes. Swapped out a purple haze shrimp behind a purple haze dodger. Tried this one a bit deeper due to some marks we saw on the electronics. No bites deep, until I pulled it out to make a swap. Hooked into something HUGE! It wasn’t ripping drag like it was a stationary object but also didn’t feel like a fish. Broke off everything after about a minute of playing around. We’re calling it a 30lb koke. 

The last combo in my lineup was a pink/purple spinner hoochie behind a pink/orange dodger. It was the hot ticket for quite a few rainbow and cutts. We quit fishing around 2pm when the poltergeist started sending Morse code through a graphite rod that was stored in a rod holder. 

All in all a great day on the water with good folks. A few fish came home with us but many many more were returned with some minor bumps along the way. 

No pictures this time.
Still sounds like a good day on the water, even without catching any kokes. Thanks for the report.
(06-28-2023, 03:00 AM)JArner Wrote: Thursday morning I met up with Obifishkanobi, Brad, and Wayne at the turn off to Soldier Creek marina just before 5am. We loaded up into Obi’s ride and made our way to the ramp. After launching we put the lines in and started trolling and getting to know each other. 

We hooked into rainbow’s and cutthroat’s fairly quickly. I wanted to try some new setups I’d picked up. First up was a PPT golden nickel flutter big behind a wonder bread dodger. It fished well but no kokes. Swapped out a purple haze shrimp behind a purple haze dodger. Tried this one a bit deeper due to some marks we saw on the electronics. No bites deep, until I pulled it out to make a swap. Hooked into something HUGE! It wasn’t ripping drag like it was a stationary object but also didn’t feel like a fish. Broke off everything after about a minute of playing around. We’re calling it a 30lb koke. 

The last combo in my lineup was a pink/purple spinner hoochie behind a pink/orange dodger. It was the hot ticket for quite a few rainbow and cutts. We quit fishing around 2pm when the poltergeist started sending Morse code through a graphite rod that was stored in a rod holder. 

All in all a great day on the water with good folks. A few fish came home with us but many many more were returned with some minor bumps along the way. 

No pictures this time.
All ways a pleasure fishing with your welcome in my boat anytime.