Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAV fonations
I got some stuff I want to donate to the DAV can someone give me some I fo where I can do that TYI
(06-28-2023, 08:34 PM)ocean Wrote: I got some stuff I want to donate to the DAV can someone give me some I fo where I can do that TYI

There are two members, maybe more, that work with the DAV here in Utah, Do you want to contact them? If so, I'll list them, if they don't respond to your post.
(06-29-2023, 01:54 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(06-28-2023, 08:34 PM)ocean Wrote: I got some stuff I want to donate to the DAV can someone give me some I fo where I can do that TYI

There are two members, maybe more, that work with the DAV here in Utah, Do you want to contact them? If so, I'll list them, if they don't respond to your post.

Yes if you can contact them that would be great thanks!!!
The two I was talking about are:

fishskibum
TheFishSlayer
WET1
The first two have both said they are or have been involved with DAV events.
Years ago WET1 was running a DAV event that BFT started but I'm not sure if he still has any connection with them.
(07-04-2023, 01:13 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: The two I was talking about are:

fishskibum
TheFishSlayer
WET1
Years ago WET1 was running a DAV event that BFT started but I'm not sure if he still has any connection with them.

There is no event anymore. I ran one for 12 years and then after mgmt change at the VA they decided they did not want to support the event anymore.
Sunrise on the water
(07-04-2023, 01:49 AM)WET1 Wrote:

fishskibum
TheFishSlayer
WET1

There is no event anymore. I ran one for 12 years and then after mgmt change at the VA they decided they did not want to support the event anymore.

Yes, I realize that Todd but do you have any connections with them? I just thought you might know someone that was still doing events for them. I think there is still some organizations out there, I just don't know who they are.
(07-04-2023, 02:31 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

fishskibum
TheFishSlayer
WET1

Yes, I realize that Todd but do you have any connections with them? I just thought you might know someone that was still doing events for them. I think there is still some organizations out there, I just don't know who they are.
Unfortunately as I've stated on here in the past the SLC VA Rec Therapy group are not supporting any group events anymore. I'm also not sure what you mean by BFT started this event. BFT, the company that owns this site and profits from it didn't have anything to do with the event nor provide any financial support to my knowledge. The membership on this site provided tremendous support volunteering with their boats and as support staff as well as some helping organize. 
  I've heard of some other groups trying to do some small events, like trout unlimited with a private lake fly fishing event but they are not getting any support from the SLC VA.  The Utah Disabled Veterans Fishing Foundation 501C3 event that I sponsored and ran for 12 years with the support of MANY volunteers from this site averaged 75-95 disabled vets 50-65 volunteer boaters, and 25-35 event staff volunteers in addition to the VA staff and 2 buses from the VA transporting the vets to and from Strawberry and the VA. When the VA refused to participate anymore even after every avenue including political persuasion was applied there was no way to continue the event anymore. 

I appreciate everyone on this site that helped support this event over the years. I'm sorry we are not able to continue it.
Sunrise on the water
(07-05-2023, 06:30 PM)WET1 Wrote:
(07-04-2023, 02:31 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

fishskibum
TheFishSlayer
WET1

Unfortunately as I've stated on here in the past the SLC VA Rec Therapy group are not supporting any group events anymore. I'm also not sure what you mean by BFT started this event. BFT, the company that owns this site and profits from it didn't have anything to do with the event nor provide any financial support to my knowledge. The membership on this site provided tremendous support volunteering with their boats and as support staff as well as some helping organize. 
  I've heard of some other groups trying to do some small events, like trout unlimited with a private lake fly fishing event but they are not getting any support from the SLC VA.  The Utah Disabled Veterans Fishing Foundation 501C3 event that I sponsored and ran for 12 years with the support of MANY volunteers from this site averaged 75-95 disabled vets 50-65 volunteer boaters, and 25-35 event staff volunteers in addition to the VA staff and 2 buses from the VA transporting the vets to and from Strawberry and the VA. When the VA refused to participate anymore even after every avenue including political persuasion was applied there was no way to continue the event anymore. 

I appreciate everyone on this site that helped support this event over the years. I'm sorry we are not able to continue it.

The guy that started this thread only wants to donate to a DAV, so you don't know anyone that he can contact?
[quote pid="1147172" dateline="1688591902"]

The guy that started this thread only wants to donate to a DAV, so you don't know anyone that he can contact?
[/quote]

Not sure if this guy is still at the SLC VA or not but you can give him a try. William.Klinger@va.gov
If by DAV you mean Disabled American Veterans you could probably look up a local chapter online. 

Another great org/event is the annual Cast for Kids event at Strawberry that many folks that are here on BFT have supported for years. It is a fishing event very similar to the Utah Disabled Veterans fishing event we ran up there for years. Here is contact info for them as well. 

[font="Proxima Nova", sans-serif][b]Melanie Castillo[/font][/b][font="Proxima Nova", sans-serif]
Strawberry Reservoir Event Coordinator[/font]
[font="Proxima Nova", sans-serif]
801-885-3486[/font]

strawberryreservoir@castforkids.
Sunrise on the water
(07-06-2023, 04:11 PM)WET1 Wrote: [quote pid="1147172" dateline="1688591902"]
Thanks for all the help guys !!

Not sure if this guy is still at the SLC VA or not but you can give him a try. William.Klinger@va.gov
If by DAV you mean Disabled American Veterans you could probably look up a local chapter online. 

Another great org/event is the annual Cast for Kids event at Strawberry that many folks that are here on BFT have supported for years. It is a fishing event very similar to the Utah Disabled Veterans fishing event we ran up there for years. Here is contact info for them as well. 

[font="Proxima Nova", sans-serif][b]Melanie Castillo[/font][/b][font="Proxima Nova", sans-serif]
Strawberry Reservoir Event Coordinator[/font]
[font="Proxima Nova", sans-serif]
801-885-3486[/font]

strawberryreservoir@castforkids.
[/quote]

Thanks for all the help guys !!