Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost creek 7/7
Well it was the first time I have been to lost creek. On the water 6:45 right off the bat got 1 ,14 in koke and thought it was going to be a good day but it soon turned into a small fish day. Caught  around 30 fish but nothing over 15. Water temp  was 64 at start of the day and was 69 when we left at1. Had to help the fish cop unhook the boat dock from his truck after he moved it back up on the ramp looked like someone had hit it and pushed it off the ramp. I asked him why couldn't they just leave it but oh no. He said that if he left it co.e winter they wouldn't be able to pull it back out ??? All fish were  caught in 20fow .Only 1 tiger trout. I think that being wakeless is A very nice way to go. Only 1 other  boat on the water. Thanks for all the info from all.
(07-08-2023, 01:59 AM)oldguy Wrote: Well it was the first time I have been to lost creek. On the water 6:45 right off the bat got 1 ,14 in koke and thought it was going to be a good day but it soon turned into a small fish day. Caught  around 30 fish but nothing over 15. Water temp  was 64 at start of the day and was 69 when we left at1. Had to help the fish cop unhook the boat dock from his truck after he moved it back up on the ramp looked like someone had hit it and pushed it off the ramp. I asked him why couldn't they just leave it but oh no. He said that if he left it co.e winter they wouldn't be able to pull it back out ??? All fish were  caught in 20fow .Only 1 tiger trout. I think that being wakeless is A very nice way to go. Only 1 other  boat on the water. Thanks for all the info from all.

Sounds like a normal day at Lost creek. there are bigger trout but they are few and far between, when it comes to catching them. At least you got up there and saw what it was like, you did good for your first trip up there.
IMO that ramp is way to narrow to have that boat dock sitting on the ramp. They should put it on the side on the rocks. Did you drive over the new bridge to get there?
(07-08-2023, 02:55 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(07-08-2023, 01:59 AM)oldguy Wrote: Well it was the first time I have been to lost creek. On the water 6:45 right off the bat got 1 ,14 in koke and thought it was going to be a good day but it soon turned into a small fish day. Caught  around 30 fish but nothing over 15. Water temp  was 64 at start of the day and was 69 when we left at1. Had to help the fish cop unhook the boat dock from his truck after he moved it back up on the ramp looked like someone had hit it and pushed it off the ramp. I asked him why couldn't they just leave it but oh no. He said that if he left it co.e winter they wouldn't be able to pull it back out ??? All fish were  caught in 20fow .Only 1 tiger trout. I think that being wakeless is A very nice way to go. Only 1 other  boat on the water. Thanks for all the info from all.

Sounds like a normal day at Lost creek. there are bigger trout but they are few and far between, when it comes to catching them. At least you got up there and saw what it was like, you did good for your first trip up there.
IMO that ramp is way to narrow to have that boat dock sitting on the ramp. They should put it on the side on the rocks. Did you drive over the new bridge to get there?

Yes we did. on the way out they were doing a swift water rescue  training and we had to wait for people to cross the road . It is so low in the water that they had to carry tubes around.
(07-08-2023, 03:20 AM)oldguy Wrote:
(07-08-2023, 02:55 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Yes we did. on the way out they were doing a swift water rescue  training and we had to wait for people to cross the road . It is so low in the water that they had to carry tubes around.

It's crazy how low that bridge is, it will be interesting to see what happens next year if they don't fit that, any minor runoff, much less a major runoff event, would cause flooding all around that bridge, the way it is now.
Is it still a dirt road to Lost Creek Reservoir?
I wish Deer Creek was wakeless every other day!
(07-08-2023, 03:28 PM)MrShane Wrote: Is it still a dirt road to Lost Creek Reservoir?

...Or all day, every day.  Can you hear the power squadron wailing?  But...never happen in Utah.
(07-08-2023, 03:28 PM)MrShane Wrote: Is it still a dirt road to Lost Creek Reservoir?

It been paved for years, all the way to the ramp.
(07-08-2023, 05:01 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

It been paved for years, all the way to the ramp.

Thank you Pat and Curt!