Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boating at Mantua Questions?
I would like to take my grandkids to Mantua one of these days.

First question?
Is there a charge to launch there?

Second question?
How is the fishing? Jigging for Pan Fish or Trout

Third question?
Is there handicapped parking available there?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Dale.
(07-08-2023, 08:10 PM)GrandpaD 2020 Wrote: I would like to take my grandkids to Mantua one of these days.

First question?
Is there a charge to launch there?

Second question?
How is the fishing? Jigging for Pan Fish or Trout

Third question?
Is there handicapped parking available there?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Dale.
Yes, they charge to launch but I don't know how much.
I can't give you any first hand info on catching but a member posted a report a week or two back but according to him it wasn't great but it could have changed.
Most places have handicapped parking but I not sure , hopefully someone else can help and give you some better info Dale.
Have not been there in over a year, but the launch fee was $5 then, payable via an envelope at the ramp. It is about 200 yards from the trailer parking area to the ramp. Obey every posted rule to the letter - they are ravenous ticket writers at Mantua.
It is unfortunate that they are such jerks at Mantua. It is such a great place for kids, from either shore or boat. Last time I was there I was running the boat for a High School BASS tournament. Several guys got tickets for having their trailers not within the lines, one mother who drove her 2 boys 90 minutes so they could fish, got a ticket while she was watching the blast off, unknown reason. They also tried to ticket several guys who were waiting to launch and had pulled onto the dike to the right of the launch ramp for improper parking. They then allow water skiers to go blasting around the lake while there are dozens of fishing boats, tubes , kayaks, and shore fishermen. Unreal. Not worth the drive !!! To bad !!! At least the State put a stop to the speed trap on the highway !!
$5.00 to launch. Dont be there on a weekend . For the grand kids Bluegill fishing is picking up. Once you find the spot a bobber and a worm do just fine.