Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FishLake reports?
Anyone been Koke fishing at FL in the last couple of weeks?
The temps there are getting pretty warm and should help define a thermo layer to hopefully make targeting them a little easier.
I will be down there next week and was just hoping some of you have recent reports please?
Thanks!
I tried 2 weeks ago with no success. Could find schools but fish didn't want my offerings. Did catch some rainbows and splake.
I was there two weeks ago as well water temp was 57 and saw the same thing schools of fish but blank on the kokes
(07-11-2023, 03:06 PM)MrShane Wrote: Anyone been Koke fishing at FL in the last couple of weeks?
The temps there are getting pretty warm and should help define a thermo layer to hopefully make targeting them a little easier.
I will be down there next week and was just hoping some of you have recent reports please?
Thanks!

I was there on July 3rd, saw schools on the finder but had my FIL with me and wanted to keep him on steady fish so we targeted bows and caught a billion small bows. We had a blast.
64 degrees this weekend, I caught them from 18ft to 24ft.

Marked a big school at about 40ft down on the west side as well. In about 60ft of water, very strange.
I fished on July 15-16 and found schools at 40 feet on the west side of the lake straight across from Fish Lake Lodge, but was unable to hook any. The rainbows however were more willing. Best of luck.
I fished my guts out for the last few days.
Could find fairly large schools and would slice ‘n dice, figure eight, u-turn them until I was ready to puke.
Hooked one and lost it behind motor.
Rainbows, Browns, and tons’o’ Perch were easy.
Not a single Koke touched my net.
The End.
(07-19-2023, 11:25 PM)MrShane Wrote: I fished my guts out for the last few days.
Could find fairly large schools and would slice ‘n dice, figure eight, u-turn them until I was ready to puke.
Hooked one and lost it behind motor.
Rainbows, Browns, and tons’o’ Perch were easy.
Not a single Koke touched my net.
The End.

I don't know if I have ever heard the koke crews having so many issues at so many locations. Strange year.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
We were there 6/27-30. Marked the schools several times in front of the resort but only caught one. Silver/orange dodger and a pink hoochie. Gave up and went over to the west side with the rest of the fleet and caught splake and rainbows and one tiger trout. Wind got nasty.
It has been a long time since I have been over to fish lake and I don't remember it that well. If I wanted to show it to Cookie can we get to some fishable shoreline or do the weed beds keep it locked up during the summer for bank tanglers?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
There are a lot of weeds most places but I saw people fishing from shore in two places this last trip and catching planters:
Just north of the mid-lake Fish Lake Lodge and on the rock jetty next to the boat launch at the Bowery Haven marina. 
Looked like they were using green power bait...some were using worms I think.
(07-20-2023, 12:37 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: It has been a long time since I have been over to fish lake and I don't remember it that well. If I wanted to show it to Cookie can we get to some fishable shoreline or do the weed beds keep it locked up during the summer for bank tanglers?

I was there a little over a month ago and I don't walk real well but I found a turn off just north of lakeside marina, that is the southern most marina. Anyway this turn off was 400-600 yards north of lakeside marina. It was a short walk through the trees, around a couple rocks and then lake. We  caught 5 rainbow and 1 splake in about an hour and a half. They had a bench there to sit on if you needed to but it was out of the way a bit. Only problem it was not Bucky wheelchair accessible. I believe Cookie ands Lance are Fine for most of the turn outs but not Bucky Sad I can't remember what the lodge is like. I know you can drive down by the lake but I can't remember the ground medium they have. I was too say it's broken up rocks but I can't think. I may go Saturday so I will check.
(07-20-2023, 10:49 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote:
(07-20-2023, 12:37 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: It has been a long time since I have been over to fish lake and I don't remember it that well. If I wanted to show it to Cookie can we get to some fishable shoreline or do the weed beds keep it locked up during the summer for bank tanglers?

I was there a little over a month ago and I don't walk real well but I found a turn off just north of lakeside marina, that is the southern most marina. Anyway this turn off was 400-600 yards north of lakeside marina. It was a short walk through the trees, around a couple rocks and then lake. We  caught 5 rainbow and 1 splake in about an hour and a half. They had a bench there to sit on if you needed to but it was out of the way a bit. Only problem it was not Bucky wheelchair accessible. I believe Cookie ands Lance are Fine for most of the turn outs but not Bucky Sad I can't remember what the lodge is like. I know you can drive down by the lake but I can't remember the ground medium they have. I was too say it's broken up rocks but I can't think. I may go Saturday so I will check.

Txs to both you and rob10. It likey won't be until fall but I would like to wander that way again
There is an accessible area at twin creeks close to fish lake lodge with parking close by. I have fished it many times with power bait or worms. Bowery Marina is another good area to fish. It was recently expanded and now is good to fish from the outer wall and allows you to cast past the weed line.