Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle power squad
Hit Jordanelle last night looking for some Kokes.  Had an incident with a power boat getting within 50-75 feet of my boat and roaring around making waves.  I suspect they were getting a kick out of watching my boat rock.  Pretty annoying when there was so much room around the lake for them to power squad around.  But, that's life on public land.  I have a pic of their truck and boat....but I've decided to take the high road and not post it.....but I sure wanted to.  

Trolled from 5-8.  Caught 5 rainbows and 1 koke.  I was pleasantly surprised with the fight the rainbows put up.  That's my first time on Jordanelle.  The boat ramp is a bit cluttered and busy, but overall a very nice lake to hang out on.
We fished Deer Creek on Tuesday. I thought because it was a weekday it wouldn't be too bad. Wrong it was crowded, and the power boys were out with their radios blasting too. I think people are staying local for vacation time.
(07-13-2023, 09:32 PM)Popgearandaworm Wrote: Hit Jordanelle last night looking for some Kokes.  Had an incident with a power boat getting within 50-75 feet of my boat and roaring around making waves.  I suspect they were getting a kick out of watching my boat rock.  Pretty annoying when there was so much room around the lake for them to power squad around.  But, that's life on public land.  I have a pic of their truck and boat....but I've decided to take the high road and not post it.....but I sure wanted to.  

Trolled from 5-8.  Caught 5 rainbows and 1 koke.  I was pleasantly surprised with the fight the rainbows put up.  That's my first time on Jordanelle.  The boat ramp is a bit cluttered and busy, but overall a very nice lake to hang out on.

Thanks for the report and welcome to the site. Your a better man than me, I would have called it in while I was on the water, especially if you got pics of how close they were to you. People like that never learn a lessen unless they have to pay the price by getting a ticket, IMO. There have been time out there when all I had to do was raise my phone to take a pic of their boat and they would slow down and move away from me. One guy even apologized for getting too close. Jordanelle is a beautiful lake and camping area but it gets busy. Those bows put up a great fight, much better than most cutts.
(07-13-2023, 11:42 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(07-13-2023, 09:32 PM)Popgearandaworm Wrote: Hit Jordanelle last night looking for some Kokes.  Had an incident with a power boat getting within 50-75 feet of my boat and roaring around making waves.  I suspect they were getting a kick out of watching my boat rock.  Pretty annoying when there was so much room around the lake for them to power squad around.  But, that's life on public land.  I have a pic of their truck and boat....but I've decided to take the high road and not post it.....but I sure wanted to.  

Thanks for the report and welcome to the site. Your a better man than me, I would have called it in while I was on the water, especially if you got pics of how close they were to you. People like that never learn a lessen unless they have to pay the price by getting a ticket, IMO. There have been time out there when all I had to do was raise my phone to take a pic of their boat and they would slow down and move away from me. One guy even apologized for getting too close. Jordanelle is a beautiful lake and camping area but it gets busy. Those bows put up a great fight, much better than most cutts.

I take pictures to jason the park ranger, he can call the on the water cop, he has done it for me.

[Image: 20230707-101158.jpg]
You need the boat numbers.
Many moons algo, when I primarily trolled for trout, I had Rapalas cut off four times, in the same day, while trolling at Jordanelle. When I heard that they were planning on planting kokanee, I thought they were nuts. The pleasure boats, and Jet Skis make trolling almost impossible at Jordanelle.
I would not hesitate to give the pictures to the park rangers. They cannot patrol everywhere and need the help in enforcing the law. By giving them evidence they need to enforce the law, you are doing several things: making the lake safer for others, possibly removing a DUI from the lake and preventing something worse from happening later. Call the Ranger at Jordanelle, get his email and send him the pics. Don't apologize for helping them enforce the law !! Willard Bay, Pineview, Jordanelle, and Deer Creek are notorious for power boats endangering others. There are a lot of smaller boats, 12-16 ft aluminium boats that can get swamped by the wakes these new wake board boats can create. There is no reason for them to be barreling by any craft under 50yds. SEND THE PICS !!!
(07-14-2023, 07:00 AM)Therapist Wrote: I would not hesitate to give the pictures to the park rangers.  They cannot patrol everywhere and need the help in enforcing the law.  By giving them evidence they need to enforce the law, you are doing several things: making the lake safer for others, possibly removing a DUI from the lake and preventing something worse from happening later.  Call the Ranger at Jordanelle, get his email and send him the pics.  Don't apologize for helping them enforce the law !!  Willard Bay, Pineview, Jordanelle, and Deer Creek are notorious for power boats endangering others.  There are a lot of smaller boats, 12-16 ft aluminium boats that can get swamped by the wakes these new wake board boats can create.  There is no reason for them to be barreling by any craft under 50yds.  SEND THE PICS !!!

plus one on that comment
(07-14-2023, 01:32 AM)doitall5000 Wrote: I take pictures to jason the park ranger, he can call the on the water cop, he has done it for me.

You need the boat numbers.

Can you post his phone number so we can send a text directly to his phone?
Hailstones office-435-649-9540
Don't think a text will work.
jordanelle @utah,gov.
(07-14-2023, 02:20 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: Hailstones office-435-649-9540
Don't think a text will work.
jordanelle @utah,gov.
Thanks, so you send them an email or call that number and they actually answer you?
This is an every trip occurrence for down here at Sand Hollow...we have to get on the water when they open at 0600 and be off around 0900, or it's IMPOSSIBLE to fish with the amount of surf boats that wash you out! Doesn't matter if the entire center of the lake is empty, they want to cruise the shorelines were all the fishermen are. I've got no problem when I see a repeat offender heading my way of reeling in, pulling up the TM, firing up the engine and cutting them right off! Me and my friends are all big guys, so we don't get too much lip when we have to confront these guys. I find the bigger, flashier and more expensive a surf boat is...the smaller the dude is driving it! LOL. The real issue down here is the jet ski rentals...we have hoards of Vegas people renting them and they have ZERO idea of how to operate a watercraft. I've seen them run right into boats before...should have to be some kind of certification to operate any and all watercraft...it can be deadly!