Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
A report
Big Earl & I were on the water at 6:30 AM.  About 15 minutes later, I had 3 fat bows in the boat.  The 4th one came 10 minutes later.  Earl hadn't connected yet. At 8:02, he put his 4th bow in the box.  An hour and a half and we had a limit of trout.  Beaded spinners behand dodgers in pink and green were the ticket.  Continued until the power squadron took over the lake at about 10:30.  Didn't keep an accurate count, but boated trout non-stop until we quit.  Count was north of 40 with 3 double hookups and a triple.  Trolling speed was 1.4 to 1.5.  Life is good and the catching today was excellent.
Heart
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(07-14-2023, 08:35 PM)dubob Wrote: Big Earl & I were on the water at 6:30 AM.  About 15 minutes later, I had 3 fat bows in the boat.  The 4th one came 10 minutes later.  Earl hadn't connected yet. At 8:02, he put his 4th bow in the box.  An hour and a half and we had a limit of trout.  Beaded spinners behand dodgers in pink and green were the ticket.  Continued until the power squadron took over the lake at about 10:30.  Didn't keep an accurate count, but boated trout non-stop until we quit.  Count was north of 40 with 3 double hookups and a triple.  Trolling speed was 1.4 to 1.5.  Life is good and the catching today was excellent.
Heart

Must be a supper secret location with all those big bows. Thanks for the report Bob.
(07-16-2023, 10:56 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(07-14-2023, 08:35 PM)dubob Wrote: Big Earl & I were on the water at 6:30 AM.  About 15 minutes later, I had 3 fat bows in the boat.  The 4th one came 10 minutes later.  Earl hadn't connected yet. At 8:02, he put his 4th bow in the box.  An hour and a half and we had a limit of trout.  Beaded spinners behand dodgers in pink and green were the ticket.  Continued until the power squadron took over the lake at about 10:30.  Didn't keep an accurate count, but boated trout non-stop until we quit.  Count was north of 40 with 3 double hookups and a triple.  Trolling speed was 1.4 to 1.5.  Life is good and the catching today was excellent.
Heart

Must be a supper secret location with all those big bows. Thanks for the report Bob.

Judging by the power squadron arrival, I doubt it was very secret....LOL Wink