Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone know what this is ?
My nephew bought a couple of tackleboxes at a yard sale and found 5 of these , does anyone know what they are? If this is in the wrong place , my apologies . my nephew thinks it might be an old Bottom Bouncer.

[Image: 362239264-6557583807632071-3880689340674137995-n.jpg]
(07-20-2023, 01:12 AM)AFDan52 Wrote: My nephew bought a couple of tackleboxes at a yard sale and found 5 of these , does anyone know what they are? If this is in the wrong place , my apologies . my nephew thinks it might be an old Bottom Bouncer.

Dan, If you are having a hard time adding pics, try using this method:
https://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/show...id=1101135

Edit: I see you figured it out
An expresso machine, no Ice cream maker, A dream catcher for fishing.......I would buy that it might be a bottom bouncer, maybe a umbrella type trolling rig (would add many more blades). bottom bouncer would need some type of wire to indicate contact with the bottom, while keeping the blades up. Some old timer came up with something unique
It looks like a camper, but the view is obscured by some kind of wiry thing.
Its a necklace Cowboy made for Cookie for her birthday????????????? hehehe
(07-20-2023, 09:58 PM)catdaddygar Wrote: Its a necklace  Cowboy made for Cookie for her birthday?????????????  hehehe

It looks to be as old as the last jewelry he gave me! Hahaha!!
Looks like a Lake Eire perch spreader rig to me.
Might be a body piercing ornament for a real masochist.  Could go in the earlobe, nostril, belly button or some more exotic and sensitive body part.  OUCH.
Dan, I think Packfish is correct, it's a perch spreader, it appears there are many different types, here is one that is similar.

[Image: perch-spreader.webp]
How does it work?????????
The two ends at the bottom are separated, hooks or lures attached, and it is then attached to the main line at the top. The two wires spread out to a foot or so apart, offering two options for the perch. Doubles are frequent. One example, without lures or bait...

https://www.jannsnetcraft.com/perch-spreaders-panfish
Here is one with the hooks

[Image: perch-spreader2.jpg]
Usually it was used with two shiner minnows.
Also used while Crappie fishing, mostly back east.