Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are members getting email notices?
I know some of you have never received email notices when someone replies to post you have made and PM's but for those that do receive those email notices, are you still receiving them?
(07-21-2023, 05:14 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I know some of you have never received email notices when someone replies to post you have made and PM's but for those that do receive those email notices, are you still receiving them?

Yes I do
Yeah, I get them.
Thanks guys, I have always received them but they stopped a few days back, so I was curious if others were having the same issue.
(07-22-2023, 12:03 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks guys, I have always received them but they stopped a few days back, so I was curious if others were having the same issue.

Today the couple PM’s I got I didn’t get an email notification
I haven't gotten an email notification since the software change.   Angry
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(07-22-2023, 03:20 PM)dubob Wrote: I haven't gotten an email notification since the software change.   Angry

Bob, weren't you the member that said you talked to your email server and they told you that BFT was being blocked?
(07-22-2023, 02:05 AM)2knots Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 12:03 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks guys, I have always received them but they stopped a few days back, so I was curious if others were having the same issue.

Today the couple PM’s I got I didn’t get an email notification

Well that;s a bummer, sounds like this problem is getting worse.
I hadn't gotten email notices for several years until a couple months ago. Out of the blue, I got notices when I received PM messages. It lasted for awhile (I can't remember how long, but at the most a couple months.) and then stopped again.
Emails have stopped recently for me as well.
Thanks everyone I'll pass that info on.
I haven't for a while. Didn't get any today, either, for post on current creek.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
(07-22-2023, 03:29 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 03:20 PM)dubob Wrote: I haven't gotten an email notification since the software change.   Angry

Bob, weren't you the member that said you talked to your email server and they told you that BFT was being blocked?
If I did, I don't recall saying that.  I guess I'll have to check with Rise Broadband (Digis) to see if that is true or not.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
yes I get them
There's Always Time For One More Cast
My last notification was 7.10.2023
Mine are intermittent, sometimes I get them and then I don't, so I don't ever count on being notified, I just check to see if someone replied to me... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
The tech guy is working on this issue, so if you recently stopped getting email notices and then start getting them again, please let me know, thanks.
I haven’t since getting on the “new” BFT. Probably user error

jack of all tackle, master of none
I started getting email notices again today, I found three in my spam folder.
(07-26-2023, 04:28 PM)joatmon Wrote: I haven’t since getting on the “new” BFT. Probably user error
You might have already done this but if you haven't or other members haven't done this, give it a try and see if it works.
For email notices, when new post are made, go toward to top of the board you want a notices from, above where the list of threads are, on the RH side you will see, "Mark this forum read/Subscribe to this forum", click on Subscribe to this forum. You should get a email notice anytime someone post a new thread. You can do this to every board you want no watch.
To get an email notice for any PM you receive, go to your profile page, under "Messaging and Notification", check the boxes, "Receive private messages from other users", "Alert me with a notice when I receive a private message", "Notify me by email when I receive a new private message". One you have checked those three boxes, go to the bottom of that page and click, "Update Options" and you should start getting email notices.
If you want help on finding your profile page, please ask and I can list that procedure.