Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East canyon
Hit East canyon early this morning before the surf boats were up and about caught small mouths on top water until about 930 or so. Took my son and his buddy they had a blast cathing them on top. No big ones barely 12 inches. No wipers wanted to play. Talked to a gentleman at the ramp that was fishing for trout with no luck. it was a good morning.
Thanks for the report, we sure don't get many bass fishing reports from EC. Saw a pic a few weeks back of a guy holding a bass there that was around 4 lbs, so there are some bigger ones in there. Did any one top water lure work better than another one?
I don't know about EC, but the smallies at Echo are suckers for a Rebel Pop R. Cast into shadows and twitch. That ends when the sun hits the water all over. Then you pick up your Ned rig.
(07-24-2023, 01:24 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks for the report, we sure don't get many bass fishing reports from EC. Saw a pic a few weeks back of a guy holding a bass there that was around 4 lbs, so there are some bigger ones in there. Did any one top water lure work better than another one?

The fly rod floating creatures can generate some fun morning top water action too.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
It didn't seem to matter lure or color.
I got up to east canyon yesterday for some more top water action. It wasn't quite as fast but we got plenty of 1 1/2 lbs again got a lot of small fish as well some of them were smaller than the plugs. The lake is dropping now I'd say a good 8 to 10 ft beautiful morning to out the bite died when the sun got up .