Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield this weekend
We went up with the family to Scofield this weekend. The water was as high as I have ever seen it there. We went in the boat Friday and got a lot of fish. The only problem was that many were chubs. Saved some for bait. We caught only two rainbows and one tiger, the rest were cutts. Many small cutts and some nice slot cutts that were all released. No slot busters. The weather was great, Saturday was crazy with all of the boats but we still did well. Saturday morning when we launched there was a family fishing off of the dock and when they lifted up their stringer it contained about a dozen or more really big fish in the slot or above. I reminded them of the regulations and they packed up and left quickly. I should have taken a picture of their stringer and called it in but we had no cell service at the dock. The dock was often loaded with folks partying and it was difficult to launch. They were also sitting all around the ramp with little kids running all over. With the water is so high there wasn't a beech for them to play on. The other problem is that the dock is set up in a way that it blocks half of the boat ramp. There was someone who parked their monster boat on the ramp and took forever prepping his boat. We got the stink eye when we went around them to load our boat. We were gone before they loaded all of their people on the boat. Nice weekend with the family, luckily little kids don't care if a fish is a chub or a trout.
(07-24-2023, 03:55 AM)JeepNut Wrote: We went up with the family to Scofield this weekend. The water was as high as I have ever seen it there. We went in the boat Friday and got a lot of fish. The only problem was that many were chubs. Saved some for bait. We caught only two rainbows and one tiger, the rest were cutts. Many small cutts and some nice slot cutts that were all released. No slot busters. The weather was great, Saturday was crazy with all of the boats but we still did well. Saturday morning when we launched there was a family fishing off of the dock and when they lifted up their stringer it contained about a dozen or more really big fish in the slot or above. I reminded them of the regulations and they packed up and left quickly. I should have taken a picture of their stringer and called it in but we had no cell service at the dock. The dock was often loaded with folks partying and it was difficult to launch. They were also sitting all around the ramp with little kids running all over. With the water is so high there wasn't a beech for them to play on. The other problem is that the dock is set up in a way that it blocks half of the boat ramp. There was someone who parked their monster boat on the ramp and took forever prepping his boat. We got the stink eye when we went around them to load our boat. We were gone before they loaded all of their people on the boat. Nice weekend with the family, luckily little kids don't care if a fish is a chub or a trout.

Sounds like a fun trip and I'm sure it was cooler up there, thanks for sharing your report with us. Not sure about Scofield but isn't it illegal to fish from the boat docks? I know it happens all the time but it's Sad people don't know the rules and keep those in the slot fish.