Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Creek 7/21 -7/24
Camped at Current Creek over the Pioneer Holiday.  I fished from shore and had constant action for rainbows.  I couldn't get the tigers to come play this trip. 

The deer flies were unreal.   By Sunday afternoon the campground was fairly empty.  I'm sure getting swarmed and bit all day lead some folks to leave early.  

The water was down quite a bit but high enough for boats to use the ramp. 

[Image: PXL-20230722-223905889.jpg]
(07-26-2023, 01:03 PM)percheye Wrote: Camped at Current Creek over the Pioneer Holiday.  I fished from shore and had constant action for rainbows.  I couldn't get the tigers to come play this trip. 

The deer flies were unreal.   By Sunday afternoon the campground was fairly empty.  I'm sure getting swarmed and bit all day lead some folks to leave early.  

Thanks for the report and pic. Except for the deer flies, it sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for the info on the ramp conditions. How was the road once the pavement ended, to the camp ground?
(07-26-2023, 11:50 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(07-26-2023, 01:03 PM)percheye Wrote: Camped at Current Creek over the Pioneer Holiday.  I fished from shore and had constant action for rainbows.  I couldn't get the tigers to come play this trip. 

Thanks for the report and pic. Except for the deer flies, it sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for the info on the ramp conditions. How was the road once the pavement ended, to the camp ground?
I came in from Center street in Heber.  That way had some sections of fairly bad washboard. Hopefully the road gets graded this summer.  The RV folks were having to go slow.  In a truck with no trailer it wasn't as bad.
(07-27-2023, 12:17 PM)percheye Wrote:
(07-26-2023, 11:50 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks for the report and pic. Except for the deer flies, it sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for the info on the ramp conditions. How was the road once the pavement ended, to the camp ground?
I came in from Center street in Heber.  That way had some sections of fairly bad washboard. Hopefully the road gets graded this summer.  The RV folks were having to go slow.  In a truck with no trailer it wasn't as bad.
Thanks for the info, that route is the more direct route for sure but likely the slowest because of the road but I've gone that was a few times just to check it out. The first time I went that route I was moose hunting, lots of area back in there. Did you go back that way as well? Have you been the route that goes toward Coop creek(SP?) by Strawberry?
No problem. I went back the same way I came in. Some people in the group I camped with came in and out through co op creek. They said the road had some washboard areas. The nice thing about turning off in Heber is the road is paved all the way to the FS border.
(07-27-2023, 02:04 PM)percheye Wrote: No problem.  I went back the same way I came in.  Some people in the group I camped with came in and out through co op creek.  They said the road had some washboard areas.  The nice thing about turning off in Heber is the road is paved all the way to the FS border.

The last time I was on that road the pavement ended before it got to FS land, so it sounds like they have paved it some more. It was kind of windy as you were coming up, have they straighten it out any?
(07-27-2023, 02:04 PM)percheye Wrote: No problem.  I went back the same way I came in.  Some people in the group I camped with came in and out through co op creek.  They said the road had some washboard areas.  The nice thing about turning off in Heber is the road is paved all the way to the FS border.

I went all three ways and they all were very decent a little washboard but not bad.   I was shocked at how well they were when we went.  We went the Fruiitland way the first time to check the campground out and then a week later when we went camping we took the trailer and boat up Co-Op and it was fast and not bad at all.  On the way home we took the Heber route, which was even better than CO-OP.   Both mtn routes were about Sixes with 1.45 min shorter than the Fruitland route.
(07-28-2023, 02:27 AM)big_griggs Wrote:

I went all three ways and they all were very decent a little washboard but not bad.   I was shocked at how well they were when we went.  We went the Fruiitland way the first time to check the campground out and then a week later when we went camping we took the trailer and boat up Co-Op and it was fast and not bad at all.  On the way home we took the Heber route, which was even better than CO-OP.   Both mtn routes were about Sixes with 1.45 min shorter than the Fruitland route.

Are you saying it took you 1 hr and 45 min less driving time to not go the Fruitland route, by taking the 
Heber or Co op creek routes? If so, that's amazing.
(07-28-2023, 02:48 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(07-28-2023, 02:27 AM)big_griggs Wrote:

Are you saying it took you 1 hr and 45 min less driving time to not go the Fruitland route, by taking the 
Heber or Co op creek routes? If so, that's amazing.
Ya we were in my Mother in laws new Car and she was having a Heart attack if I went over 10 on the dirt lol that's why it took longer