Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newcastle?
My wife and I have a wedding in Cedar City this weekend and if I can find time I want to try fishing down there. I found Newcastle is not very far so might have to check it out. I've never been there. Anyone have any tips and a good area to fish from shore down there? Would love to get some wipers and Smallmouth. I only have maybe a few hours to fish is all so I'll just be on shore. Probably not worth taking the float tube for such a short trip. Any info would be very appreciated!
About anywhere you find rocks going into the water you'll find smallmouth. Their mostly small but willing. Wiper is a game of patience as there is so much natural feed with the twenty billion shiners. I haven't been for a couple of weeks but my guess is there will be a big algae bloom happening with the warm weather.
(07-27-2023, 11:13 PM)Saltslam Wrote: About anywhere you find rocks going into the water you'll find smallmouth. Their mostly small but willing. Wiper is a game of patience as there is so much natural feed with the twenty billion shiners. I haven't been for a couple of weeks but my guess is there will be a big algae bloom happening with the warm weather.

Thanks for the info! Hopefully I can at least fine some willing Smallmouth.