Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water level dropping at Lost creek
Saw more deer on the drive in this time, even a bunny. We were the first boat to the ramp at 6:30 am.

[Image: LCramp.jpg]

[Image: LCramp-and-docks.jpg]

We got setup and started trolling. First fish in the boat was a little cutt, then a tiger, then some bigger bows and a chub. Finally we found a koke but it was very slow. We caught all our fish today between 20 and 30 feet. Water temp was 72 to 75 degrees. Saw a couple of eagles, some turkey vultures and a bunch of Canadian geese. About four boats were out there and three paddle boarders but only 3 shore anglers. Overall a nice day with a cloud cover most of the day. At the end of the morning we stopped near the ramp and vertical jigged for chubs, picking up 14 or 15 before we called it quits around 1 pm.
Thanks for the report and pictures.  Sounds like a productive day for both fish and wildlife. 

It sure is nice to see the water level that high for the end of July.
(08-01-2023, 01:40 AM)gofish435 Wrote: Thanks for the report and pictures.  Sounds like a productive day for both fish and wildlife. 

It sure is nice to see the water level that high for the end of July.

Agreed, it's been a while since I've seen the water level this high, at this point in the Summer.
Nice report.  The water level still looks great. We also saw some deer last week as well, which is a good sign. Not many, but at least some survived. We saw geese, chukars, bald eagles, and lots of comorants which were having a lot of success. Hope they were chubs they were eating. I'm surprised the kokes weren't playing better. It's just a weird year all around for them everywhere. I've had to switch up what I normally use to get them to strike. My go to stuff is being ignored.  Of the 5 we caught last week, only one was on my usually productive gear. Thanks for posting.
Sounds like I better head up with the chub rigs if they are up in that arm
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Thanks for the report and pictures.
(08-01-2023, 03:06 AM)Jig-fisher Wrote: Nice report.  The water level still looks great. We also saw some deer last week as well, which is a good sign. Not many, but at least some survived. We saw geese, chukars, bald eagles, and lots of comorants which were having a lot of success. Hope they were chubs they were eating. I'm surprised the kokes weren't playing better. It's just a weird year all around for them everywhere. I've had to switch up what I normally use to get them to strike. My go to stuff is being ignored.  Of the 5 we caught last week, only one was on my usually productive gear. Thanks for posting.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention the cormorants, they were sunning themselves most of the time we were there but I, like you, hope they were only eating chubs.
(08-01-2023, 03:52 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Sounds like I better head up with the chub rigs if they are up in that arm

Right off to the right of that second pic is a little open area and we were catching the chubs aways off that spot. Likely beyond casting distance but I'm sure they come closer to shore too. A casting bubble partly filled with water will get you close to where we were.
Guess I need to make a trip up to LC soon.  Nice to see there are a couple docks in place now. Wont need to beach the boat. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(08-03-2023, 06:14 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Guess I need to make a trip up to LC soon.  Nice to see there are a couple docks in place now. Wont need to beach the boat. 

Hope to see you up there one of these days Forest.

I'm really needing to get up there , I'm getting ready to check the Synchronization of the carbs on my outboard . Then I should be ready.
(08-05-2023, 04:35 AM)AFDan52 Wrote:   
                 I'm really needing to get up there , I'm getting ready to check the Synchronization of the carbs on my outboard . Then I should be ready.

Good luck on the Synch Dan, hope you are able to get out there.