Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White bass???
Anyone catching any white bass in any of the harbors?
There have been a couple of reports on here and social media of white bass being caught early in the morning in a couple of the harbors. Nothing red hot but a few for the bait bucket.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
People are catching baby white bass off the docks at Provo. The regulars are catching adults too.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Go deep and slow!! No bobber, drag bottom!
As Catchinon said, I have found adults fairly easy to catch the last few weeks. They have been in 3-4 FOW along reedy areas both near Lincoln and near Provo Harbor. I haven't caught the adults in either harbor the last few trips. The young of the year are all over. We got a dozen in 15 minutes at 2 in afternoon on Saturday at the Provo Harbor. We caught a few more in the main lake later in the day.

As Therapist said, we found the adults mostly right on the bottom dragging the offerings fairly slowly. We did get a few of the little tikes unde a bobber but most of them were deep also.
I caught a few off the docks at Provo Saturday afternoon about 2:00. I really needed a smaller jig than I had, maybe something like a ratfinkee or a ratso (#10 or 12) would work well, tipped with a very small nub of worm. I used butter worms, but small diameter red worms or garden worms (smaller than nightcrawlers) would work as well.

jack of all tackle, master of none
I caught a bucket full yesterday in the harbor.  The white bass are very aggressive this year.  They fought more like wipers.
[Image: 71315128328-5-CDF1165-19-F8-4-DE6-BF74-6...9-DCD0.jpg]