Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some things just don’t make sense…
Like why does Currant Creek have such a big beautiful ramp/parking lot and then at Lost Creek you struggle to even park your truck/trailer.
[Image: IMG-5283.jpg]
Per Mercer Owen, the Lost Creek Assistant Manager, on July 27th, "There are plans to increase parking as development progresses in the park." I don't know for sure, but it is possible they have been under the jurisdiction of different entiities. Also, Currant Creek is blessed with a large sloping area, for the boat ramp and dock, and Lost Creek appears to have a much-more limited area for both.
Both are state parks but Lost creek is surrounded by private land with only limited public access where Currant Creek is completely surrounded by National Forest. I'm sure the private land issue limits what they can do at Lost Creek but they are doing a big remodel there in the next while so hopefully it will improve.
(08-09-2023, 09:30 PM)FishfulThinkin Wrote: Both are state parks but Lost creek is surrounded by private land with only limited public access where Currant Creek is completely surrounded by National Forest. I'm sure the private land issue limits what they can do at Lost Creek but they are doing a big remodel there in the next while so hopefully it will improve.

I think you are mistaken.  I have never seen anything, at Currant Creek, to indicate that it is a Utah State Park.  I just went, Online, and looked at the list of state parks and Currant Creek is not included.
(08-09-2023, 09:30 PM)FishfulThinkin Wrote: Both are state parks but Lost creek is surrounded by private land with only limited public access where Currant Creek is completely surrounded by National Forest. I'm sure the private land issue limits what they can do at Lost Creek but they are doing a big remodel there in the next while so hopefully it will improve.
Pretty sure CC is just like Strawberry, federal, so it's run by a private company.
You are correct that CC is not a State Park. My mistake. I still think the private land surrounding Lost Creek limits what they can do there whereas CC is entirely within the national forest so they can put the ramp and parking lot in the most favorable location.
(08-10-2023, 06:59 PM)FishfulThinkin Wrote: You are correct that CC is not a State Park. My mistake. I still think the private land surrounding Lost Creek limits what they can do there whereas CC is entirely within the national forest so they can put the ramp and parking lot in the most favorable location.

the most favorable location would be closer to the dam instead of all the way around the farthest point of the lake on a bumpy washboard road haha!
(08-10-2023, 08:47 PM)chubby chaser Wrote:
(08-10-2023, 06:59 PM)FishfulThinkin Wrote: You are correct that CC is not a State Park. My mistake. I still think the private land surrounding Lost Creek limits what they can do there whereas CC is entirely within the national forest so they can put the ramp and parking lot in the most favorable location.

the most favorable location would be closer to the dam instead of all the way around the farthest point of the lake on a bumpy washboard road haha!

I think parking is the bigger issue right now but if they owned the land they could pave the road to a better location for a ramp and parking lot area perhaps?
Lost Creek has steep dropping shorelines and massive fluctuation in water levels along with the lack of access points as mentioned. It would take a major construction project to revamp (re-RAMP) the launch at Lost Creek IMO.
"We fish for pleasure... I for Mine, you for yours."  -James Leisenring