Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still finding ice at Strawberry
Not that kind of ice. More like ice cold fishing. Trolled from about 6 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. today in a group and caught maybe a couple dozen slots. On the finder, the fish were sort of random depths and rarely were in groups. Just a fish here and there.

The upside is that the weather was pretty nice, and the icy cold fishing seems to be taking some of the pressure off the reservoir.
I too fished the Berry Wednesday. I caught my share of cutts as well. I found a couple of schools of kokes and able to hook up with 1 which stripped line managing to break my line stealing my whole presentation. The wind started up around noon sending me off the water. It was a very pleasant morning with nice cool temps beating out the SL Valley furnace. This was my 4th trip to the Berry this season with only 1 koke to bring home. Thinking I might be done fishing the Berry this season but still contemplating a possible one last disappointing trip. The cutts do keep the skunk away.  
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
So, the guy I purchased my boat from a couple years ago, was/is an AVID Kokanee fisherman. Strawberry and Flaming Gorge are their two main lakes. We found each other in the parking lot of Strawberry a couple weeks back and had a nice chat. Even HE is struggling this year with the Kokanee at both places.

I'm not going to lie...I do enjoy less traffic on that lake this year.
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
Strawberry has been tough indeed. I have brought home a few kokes per trip, but it has been a grind, and the cutts have been awful (prolific) this year.

Gone are the days of limits by 7:30 AM and on the road by 8:00. Would like to see the DWR reduce the limit to 2 salmon/person.
(08-11-2023, 03:15 PM)BYUHunter Wrote: Strawberry has been tough indeed. I have brought home a few kokes per trip, but it has been a grind, and the cutts have been awful (prolific) this year.

Gone are the days of limits by 7:30 AM and on the road by 8:00. Would like to see the DWR reduce the limit to 2 salmon/person.

Are you finding the kokes in the same areas as you catch them in years past?