Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Koke season is winding down
[Image: 20230813-110218.jpg]

Caught this one today. Getting very pink. 17 inches for those who care.
(08-13-2023, 08:59 PM)stan55 Wrote: Caught this one today. Getting very pink. 17 inches for those who care.

That buck was for sure making the change and plenty of us care. I think we only have a month until the season closes. Did you catch more than that single?
One other one that was smaller and still silver
(08-14-2023, 02:58 AM)stan55 Wrote: One other one that was smaller and still silver

I've been watching for you on jordanelle but can't tell which is your boat. Would like to say hi. Can you show us your water craft? 
It's been a better year this year than last. That makes me have hope for strawberry's, recovery next year.  Do you fish the weekends madness?
I drive a black Crestliner Commander 1850. I try to avoid the weekend madness as the best Koke bite has been late morning. Just got the bug to do a little fishing and Jordenelle is close.

[Image: 1850-comndr-large-media-398902.jpg]
(08-14-2023, 02:10 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: It's been a better year this year than last. That makes me have hope for strawberry's, recovery next year.  

Wow, last year must have been really bad, if this year was better for you Undecided
Jordanelle has been better than prior two years but nowhere near what it was three years ago. Berry has just been lousy this year.
(08-15-2023, 09:03 PM)stan55 Wrote: Jordanelle has been better than prior two years but nowhere near what it was three years ago. Berry has just been lousy this year.

I know you fish it more than I do Stan but from my experience, I did much better the last two years, this year has been about half as good for us.
I can't compare much to previous years as I have always fished Strawberry. I thought it was decent this year, but then it was so much better than Strawberry this year I guess my observation might be tainted. Here is what I got today. Yeah it is about over.
[Image: IMG-1025.jpg]
Be back again tomorrow for probably the last time until December.
(08-15-2023, 11:32 PM)brookie Wrote: I can't compare much to previous years as I have always fished Strawberry. I thought it was decent this year, but then it was so much better than Strawberry this year I guess my observation might be tainted. Here is what I got today. Yeah it is about over.

Be back again tomorrow for probably the last time until December.

For us the two years before this we were caught our two limits on just about every trip, this year we have struggled to catch one limit. How long is that biggest koke you have there John?
The inside of the cooler is 15" so I'm guessing 17".
My issue with Jordanelle is getting the Kokes to bite. I've been finding them every trip. Also it's a small area to fish so more than a half dozen boats messes things up. Made a run up to the Berry and got two nice ones still silver.