Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kokes from the Shore? Yup
Woke up early Friday and had a wild idea to try.... How many lakes and rivers could we fish if we planned a route and only fished 30 minutes at each stop. And how many differnt species could we catch. Opted to start over at State line and work our way back to Bear River service then over 150  and back to Henefer. It was a wild ride ending in me hitting a rock and blowing out a tire and yes Cookie caught a koke from the shore.

Lots of crazy fun catching 4 species. We had hoped to hit at least 10 differnt location but the blowout stopped us at 7. The late summer fishing was pretty good. Crowds were not bad but got worse the closer we got to 150. Bugs were not to bad either. Even got buckwheat into some fish.

Video attached 

Been a fun summer

https://youtu.be/XCxQ2Di0hO8
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Good for you. That looked like a fun and tiring outing.
(08-14-2023, 03:21 AM)Kent Wrote:  That looked like a fun and tiring outing.

I enjoyed that kind of adventure, I miss my early days of checking out smaller streams & rivers. The most I've ever done was 3 in 1 day like that but never in a hurry to cram more into a day. My 3rd stop was cut short after seeing a mountain mauler (Lion) from a distance and thankfully my car was only 50' away & up a bank.
Is Kent doing a little phishing throwing a rib?  Tongue
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Looks like it was a fun trip too bad the tire troubles put a damper on the rest of stops. Thanks for sharing.
Another great video Lance and I'll have to say, a kokanee from shore, that is amazing. I seen one guy do it at Porcupine but you sure don't see it happen all that often. What an adventure, suse is nice to live in an area where you can fish that many lakes and streams in one day. You are a lucky man to have a wife that enjoys getting out with you on all these trips.
Hey Lance, that is quite the video production very well done and fun trip too... Thanks for sharing it... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Txs gents. We had fun trying this idea out. That is till I tried to play bulldozer with that rock. But that is part of the adventure
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew