Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Crappie?
I saw in the Scofield stocking report that they stocked over 38,000 black crappie (+/- 7.5 inches) in there in early June. Anyone know more about this? Establishing a crappie fishery or feeding the tiger muskies? I'm okay with either one, just curious.

[Image: IMG-1766.jpg]

jack of all tackle, master of none
(08-15-2023, 03:56 PM)joatmon Wrote: I saw in the Scofield stocking report that they stocked over 38,000 black crappie (+/- 7.5 inches) in there in early June. Anyone know more about this? Establishing a crappie fishery or feeding the tiger muskies? I'm okay with either one, just curious.

[Image: IMG-1766.jpg]

I don't have any info, but I would guess another mouth to eat little chubs. From the chubs we caught there a couple months back, I would guess the TM have lots to eat Wink
I seem to recall a couple years ago somthing similar but it ended up being an input error typo kinda thing that they corrected
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I wondered that too. I think Ron told me DWR had stocked crappie in Starvation, so thought maybe this was a continuation of that drill.

I just talked to the Aquatics Manager in Price and he said it was a typo.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

They did the same thing for Strawberry several years ago. Said they put tens of thousands of Crappie in there. Reached out to the Biologist and they said it was an accidental entry.
I just looked at the stocking report and it was cutthroat that they planted. Same day and same number but cutthroat. When did you look at the report. Just this past week I was looking to see where they had been planting crappie and I never saw anything of the stockings at Scofield.
(08-17-2023, 09:54 PM)lovetofish Wrote: I just looked at the stocking report and it was cutthroat that they planted. Same day and same number but cutthroat. When did you look at the report. Just this past week I was looking to see where they had been planting crappie and I never saw anything of the stockings at Scofield.

It would have been the day of my original post. Sounds like they fixed their typo since