Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Information about Echo Reservoir
I need some help , I have a friend that wants to take his Grandkids to Echo reservoir for some fishing from shore . But he doesn't know if it would worth going or not  , have anyone here been up to Echo Reservoir lately and how did you do ?  Thanks in advance for any help.
I would personally recommend going to Rockport. There are more access points that are not as busy with summer crowds and I think the perch and trout population fared better through the low water than Echo. But if the want to try Echo go early before the crowds move in. There is a fair smallmouth bite and a few perch if the drop some crawlers on the bottom. Powerbait would like find a Planter bow.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Echo got loaded with brush and trees washed in during the Spring flood. The shore and bottom is literally paved with snags as a result, especially along the east side. Access might be tough and they'd lose a lot of gear from snags.
Thanks guys , I'll pass that along to him.