Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek Friday Invite
I’m going to Lost Creek Friday to catch whatever wants to cooperate trolling and catch some chubs for bait. I have room for several folks send me a message or respond to this post if you would like to join.
(08-23-2023, 07:55 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I’m going to Lost Creek Friday to catch whatever wants to cooperate trolling and catch some chubs for bait. I have room for several folks send me a message or respond to this post if you would like to join.

How was the fishing out there today Shawn?
(08-26-2023, 01:12 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(08-23-2023, 07:55 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I’m going to Lost Creek Friday to catch whatever wants to cooperate trolling and catch some chubs for bait. I have room for several folks send me a message or respond to this post if you would like to join.

How was the fishing out there today Shawn?

We accomplished what we went to do got some chubs for bait and brought home a couple nice kokes we only hooked 3 and lost one at the net. Caught a bunch of skinny Cutts a few small rainbows. The kokes where 50’ down near the dam.
[Image: IMG-1389.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1390.jpg]
Wow, 50 ft down, I've never caught them that deep there. Did you catch the chubs jigging or trolling?
(08-26-2023, 03:05 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Wow, 50 ft down, I've never caught them that deep there. Did you catch the chubs jigging or trolling?

We caught chubs on a little piece of crawler on spot lock by the ramp and we got several while trolling.
We also fished lost creek in the afternoon caught tiger, cutts, and lots of chubs. Best part was only 2 other boats and a few kayaks and paddlers. Had it pretty well to ourselves. Saw bald eagle, osprey,loons, pelican and quite a few deer on the way home. Great day to be out enjoying nature.
(08-26-2023, 02:38 PM)Elk Wrote: We also fished lost creek in the afternoon caught tiger, cutts, and lots of chubs. Best part was only 2 other boats and a few kayaks and paddlers. Had it pretty well to ourselves. Saw bald eagle, osprey,loons, pelican and quite a few deer on the way home. Great day to be out enjoying nature.

Sounds like a good day, although we have seen very few deer up there this year, early in the morning, I'm glad to hear more survived than what we thought. Compared to other lakes it's nice to go to one that is so packed with people.
I was Shawn's fishin' buddy for this trip...always good to get out with a good guy...I didn't do any damage to the local koke population, but sure pulled in a mess of those small, and skinny cutts.. and  it was sorta fun adding to his collection of chubs, which seemed to be all around this res..IMO, they're the culprit resulting in the stunted growth of all the cutts we caught today..way, way, way too many chubs here out producing and out eating the food source for the other species..Anybody need chubs? You'll get 'em here...
(08-28-2023, 12:32 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: I was Shawn's fishin' buddy for this trip...always good to get out with a good guy...I didn't do any damage to the local koke population, but sure pulled in a mess of those small, and skinny cutts.. and  it was sorta fun adding to his collection of chubs, which seemed to be all around this res..IMO, they're the culprit resulting in the stunted growth of all the cutts we caught today..way, way, way too many chubs here out producing and out eating the food source for the other species..Anybody need chubs? You'll get 'em here...

Did you two catch more chubs than the ones in the pic above? Most if not all of those little cutts you caught were this years stocked cutts, that's why they are so small and skinny, here is an example of one of the bigger cutts in there but they are much harder to catch.

[Image: bigcutty-LC.jpg]