Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone been fishing the berry lately ?
I haven't seen much in fishing reports from Strawberry Reservoir Lately , Has anyone been up there doing any good? I've been contemplating a trip up there for some Cutthroat jigging . Thanks in advance for any help.
I fished there on Monday with three other guys on toons/tubes in the Bryant's Fork area.  We were all fly fishing.  We fished for 7 hours and picked up about an even mix of cutthroats and rainbows with a total of 26 fish.  It was pretty slow for us.  We found the fish either near the surface or down to about 20'.  There is some algae there but from what I understand it's not as bad as some other parts of the reservoir.
Water temps were 66-69 degrees and visibility in the water of about 6'.  Water level is still good at almost 90%.

Good luck when you go
(08-31-2023, 04:08 PM)gofish435 Wrote: I fished there on Monday with three other guys on toons/tubes in the Bryant's Fork area.  We were all fly fishing.  We fished for 7 hours and picked up about an even mix of cutthroats and rainbows with a total of 26 fish.  It was pretty slow for us.  We found the fish either near the surface or down to about 20'.  There is some algae there but from what I understand it's not as bad as some other parts of the reservoir.
Water temps were 66-69 degrees and visibility in the water of about 6'.  Water level is still good at almost 90%.

Good luck when you go

Thanks buddy , I don't think that the fishing this year has been great anywhere. But I'm working on going up there and pay my dues again. LOL Thanks for your help.
(08-31-2023, 06:15 PM)AFDan52 Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 04:08 PM)gofish435 Wrote: I fished there on Monday with three other guys on toons/tubes in the Bryant's Fork area.  We were all fly fishing.  We fished for 7 hours and picked up about an even mix of cutthroats and rainbows with a total of 26 fish.  It was pretty slow for us.  We found the fish either near the surface or down to about 20'.  There is some algae there but from what I understand it's not as bad as some other parts of the reservoir.

Good luck when you go

Thanks buddy , I don't think that the fishing this year has been great anywhere. But I'm working on going up there and pay my dues again. LOL Thanks for your help.

No strawberry advice for ya but it has been one of our best years in a long time in the Uintas. Of course Kent would not even classify our catches as sturgeon bait but them nephews and nieces had big Smiles.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
A couple of weeks ago my brother and I went, out of Renegade. We had gotten a hot tip and tried trolling pop gear. All we caught was weeds. We kept going east and eventually found a concentration of fish. We started casting white tube jigs and that was the ticket. We caught about ten each in the couple of hours we had left.

Kent and I went about ten days ago. We went to a couple of his favorite spots. We tried casting white tube jigs. I had the best luck just jigging. I caught a few dead-sticking. Kent said it was quite a slow day--he only caught 15. I caught five.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(09-02-2023, 05:08 PM)catchinon Wrote: A couple of weeks ago my brother and I went, out of Renegade. We had gotten a hot tip and tried trolling pop gear. All we caught was weeds. We kept going east and eventually found a concentration of fish. We started casting white tube jigs and that was the ticket. We caught about ten each in the couple of hours we had left.

Kent and I went about ten days ago. We went to a couple of his favorite spots. We tried casting white tube jigs. I had the best luck just jigging. I caught a few dead-sticking. Kent said it was quite a slow day--he only caught 15. I caught five.

Thanks for the update was thinking of going next week.
Fished out of Renegade yesterday and it was slow for us. We fished from 7:30 until 11:00. Water temp was 62 degrees, air temp at arrival was 39 degrees. Everyone we talked to when leaving had the same story. Slow. Fish cleaning station had water dripping out of it and looked like it had been that way for a while and had plywood on top so it was useless. Rip-off paying $15.00. However, the restroom was still open.
(09-15-2023, 09:54 PM)lovetofish Wrote: Fished out of Renegade yesterday and it was slow for us. We fished from 7:30 until 11:00. Water temp was 62 degrees, air temp at arrival was 39 degrees. Everyone we talked to when leaving had the same story. Slow. Fish cleaning station had water dripping out of it and looked like it had been that way for a while and had plywood on top so it was useless. Rip-off paying $15.00. However, the restroom was still open.

Fish cleaning station been that way all summer.
Can't agree more about the rip-off on the $15.00.   They are getting greedier and greedier.
(09-01-2023, 03:20 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 06:15 PM)AFDan52 Wrote:

Good luck when you go

No strawberry advice for ya but it has been one of our best years in a long time in the Uintas. Of course Kent would not even classify our catches as sturgeon bait but them nephews and nieces had big Smiles.

They would probably make excellent sturgeon bait.  Trout are a favorite sturgeon bait.  Some anglers exclusively fish with rainbow trout morts (from the trout farms) for bait.  I doubt your fish are as small as those trout morts.
fished last friday and sunday
friday put about 18 bows and 5 or 6 cutts in the net 7-2 nothin big lost one slot buster cutt
went back sunday with a friend and put another 40 in the net and back into the lake, same 90% bows and a couple nice cutts
a few double ups
[Image: 2x.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
best catching 8-10 am but consistent all day
[Image: 20230917_173640.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
[Image: 20230915_152229.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
[Image: 20230915_152329.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
[Image: bow.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
[Image: 20230917_174322.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
fishing outta chix creek east
new ramps nice and props to the UTF&G, TU and others for supporting that access and pulling the pay to play tubes and not making us pay a terrible management company for not providing anything i need
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom