Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost creek
I made the trek up and was on the water about 630. It was fun try a new ramp in the dark. I’ve only fished the shore at lost creek and the last time I was there was before the road was paved. I stayed near the dam and ended up with 4 bows, a tiger and a koke. The joke was a beautiful silver and blue but was only 12-13”. My first tiger and a 3 species day is always fun. 
[Image: IMG-3543.jpg]
Thank you for the report. I’m glad you had a successful outing.
3 species day is great. If a nasty old chub would have said hello it would have been 4.

They sure made it easier on on my bones when they fixed the road
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(09-01-2023, 03:21 AM)Redrebel Wrote: I made the trek up and was on the water about 630. It was fun try a new ramp in the dark. I’ve only fished the shore at lost creek and the last time I was there was before the road was paved. I stayed near the dam and ended up with 4 bows, a tiger and a koke. The joke was a beautiful silver and blue but was only 12-13”. My first tiger and a 3 species day is always fun. 

Glad to hear there are still some kokes in there. With that wedge dock right on the ramp, launching a boat, especially in the dark can be tough. What kind of fish do you think that is in your pic? Kind of looks like a splake to me with the spots and white fin tips. I clicked on it twice to get it to enlarge.
(09-01-2023, 01:23 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 03:21 AM)Redrebel Wrote: I made the trek up and was on the water about 630. It was fun try a new ramp in the dark. I’ve only fished the shore at lost creek and the last time I was there was before the road was paved. I stayed near the dam and ended up with 4 bows, a tiger and a koke. The joke was a beautiful silver and blue but was only 12-13”. My first tiger and a 3 species day is always fun. 

Glad to hear there are still some kokes in there. With that wedge dock right on the ramp, launching a boat, especially in the dark can be tough. What kind of fish do you think that is in your pic? Kind of looks like a splake to me with the spots and white fin tips. I clicked on it twice to get it to enlarge.
I could be incorrect. I’m not sure what species are in lost creek. The lighting on the picture doesn’t help. It looked more tiger in person but the pic says splake. Definitely the biggest and best fighting fish of the day. 
I could have done without the wedge dock in the way. I’m sure there is a purpose.
There are splake in there, so it is possible, how long was it? Most kokes are about the size of the one you caught, some will get up to 15" or so. Those type of docks are made to sit on the ramp and are called wedge docks but I'm not sure why they need two of them there, the one off to the side on the rocks, works fine.
I would say you are right with splake. My guess is 18-20” maybe 1.5lb ish. I will start keeping those kokes then. I thought he could get a bit bigger but he was smokable. I believe kokes closes the 10th?
(09-01-2023, 11:19 PM)Redrebel Wrote: I would say you are right with splake. My guess is 18-20” maybe 1.5lb ish. I will start keeping those kokes then. I thought he could get a bit bigger but he was smokable. I believe kokes closes the 10th?

That's a good sized splake, most of the ones we catch are around 12 to 13". Yes, the 10th is when it closes.