Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
125 pounder taken from Utah Lake
I had to calm Mrs. J down a bit Yesterday so I pushed her over the side. She needed to gain some confidence in her inflatable life vest as well, so over she went. I lowered the boarding ladder and with some maneuvering from both parties she was recovered.

Violet told me I needed to get busy and and write a report so I thought this would get your attention. We're still in love and good fishing companions.

We have been able to get out on the lake several times (between doctors appts. fowl weather. gardening and just not feeling well) with poor to good fishing.

Finding the fish this year has been a challenge for us. Last year by this time we had caught and released a good number of 30" Cats. Not this year. One only, and that was yesterday.
[Image: utah-lake-thirty-inch-moma-31-aug-2023.jpg]
We enjoyed a good morning of very pleasant weather and a good surprise of hungry cats a couple WB and a Mudder. Good numbers of cats between 26-28". Had we been after WB I think we would have gotten a fair number of those a well. We fished for about five hours releasing all cats numbering 30.  The two WB followed us home for dinner.

Yesterdays trip was the best of the season other trips have been much less productive. 0 one day, 1 another day, 4,6,4,8,  that type of season. OH! we had one good day  with WB processing 51 when we got home.

We have been fortunate to meet some of our valued friends during launch time, thankful we were able to bum some bait or else it would have been a short trip that day.
(09-01-2023, 07:04 PM)Mr. J Wrote: I had to calm Mrs. J down a bit Yesterday so I pushed her over the side. She needed to gain some confidence in her inflatable life vest as well, so over she went. I lowered the boarding ladder and with some maneuvering from both parties she was recovered.

Violet told me I needed to get busy and and write a report so I thought this would get your attention. We're still in love and good fishing companions.

We have been able to get out on the lake several times (between doctors appts. fowl weather. gardening and just not feeling well) with poor to good fishing.

Finding the fish this year has been a challenge for us. Last year by this time we had caught and released a good number of 30" Cats. Not this year. One only, and that was yesterday.
We enjoyed a good morning of very pleasant weather and a good surprise of hungry cats a couple WB and a Mudder. Good numbers of cats between 26-28". Had we been after WB I think we would have gotten a fair number of those a well. We fished for about five hours releasing all cats numbering 30.  The two WB followed us home for dinner.

Yesterdays trip was the best of the season other trips have been much less productive. 0 one day, 1 another day, 4,6,4,8,  that type of season. OH! we had one good day  with WB processing 51 when we got home.

We have been fortunate to meet some of our valued friends during launch time, thankful we were able to bum some bait or else it would have been a short trip that day.

Thanks for the report Richard, (and Violet for encouraging it.) I'm glad you had great day this time and congratulations for breaking 30". I hope this "fowl" weather doesn't turn them off too much, I'm supposed to take some first timers out in the morning. I also hope the dreaded TS's don't show up. I'm getting mixed signals on the weather for the morning anyway.

Keep it up when you can get out. This is prime time for the 30+ wisker-fish!
(09-01-2023, 07:04 PM)Mr. J Wrote: I had to calm Mrs. J down a bit Yesterday so I pushed her over the side. She needed to gain some confidence in her inflatable life vest as well, so over she went. I lowered the boarding ladder and with some maneuvering from both parties she was recovered.

Now that fish has been eating very well, big pot belly. I agree the 30 inchers have been had to find this year. I think there is so much easy grub for them now that they don't have to search for easy meals. September and October have always been my favorite months for cattin' sp those 30+ers will be showing up soon.

Be nice to Vi and hope to see you on the water soon.
Glad to hear the big ones showed up. That just means fall will be awesome for you both
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew