Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to see spawning kokes
LINK TO DWR ARTICLE

Here's a link to a DWR article on seeing red spawning kokes this fall.  Hope a lot of them show up and make lotsa babies for the coming years.
I stopped at the fish trap on Strawberry yesterday. They said that 9 kokanee were in the trap currently and they were hoping for more. I told her somewhat jokingly, that's all the kokanee in Strawberry this year. I don't think she was amused. Unfortunately we could not see them in the trap, water was a little deep and off color. They said the viewing event was scheduled for Sept 16th. Much better weather this year right now (not so hot as last year) so I am really hopeful that more do come.
(09-02-2023, 02:13 PM)brookie Wrote: I stopped at the fish trap on Strawberry yesterday. They said that 9 kokanee were in the trap currently and they were hoping for more. I told her somewhat jokingly, that's all the kokanee in Strawberry this year. I don't think she was amused. Unfortunately we could not see them in the trap, water was a little deep and off color. They said the viewing event was scheduled for Sept 16th. Much better weather this year right now (not so hot as last year) so I am really hopeful that more do come.
Wow John you do get around. Maybe you should move to Heber city. Then it's a quick trip either direction.