Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln beach 9/7/23
I met Craig this morning and we drove to Lincoln beach for some cat chasin'. As we drove up there was someone on the ramp catching white bass and low and behold it was Lynn. One truck in the parking lot that I thought was Richard and Vi who later I found out it was. We fished for bait for a while, it was Craig, my son Tyler, and myself. We ended up with plenty of bait for today and a future trip. It was about 8 or 830 when we got on the water. We started off over by the orchards and it started off pretty slow. I caught the first catfish fish, which of you have ever fished with me that is usually the way it goes. I may never catch another one or the biggest but I catch the first. Well because of health problems I'm having my memory is giving me fits. Suffice it to say that it was a very up and down day. I feel asleep very soundly it was so slow at one point yet at another time we had triples on, and 2 other times we had doubles on. So it was a good day in my opinion as I haven't fished in over 2 months. I believe the catfish count was me with 4, Tyler with 5, Craig with 5-7 in that neighborhood. I brought all eater sized home for a fish fry with my neighbor. I caught a28"er and Craig caught a good sized I just don't know how big. Tyler I think his biggest was 26"? Anyway to some it may be a slow day but when you don't fish for 2 months it's a good day.
Not just a pretty good day but a very good day. If you are out chasing tugs with friends and family it is always a very good day.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Sounds like a great day to me, thanks for the report. Were you all using WB for bait?
Hey Justin,

It sounds like you guys had a great trip and a great time. I really glad you were able to get out!

I hope you get your health issue under control so you can spend more time out there.
Hey, good to see you guys at the launch. Those yoy whities are fun to catch and they seem to munch on anything that appears edible. I did best with a small spinner, you guys seemed to be getting plenty of action on worm pieces. 

I finally made it out in my boat today. Fishin' was good but the water was a bit rough. I started out at the Knolls and the rocking waves drove me out before I could do much damage to the kitties. I caught several but only a couple of them were close to 30 inches. I headed back toward the orchards where the wind was minimal. The cats were biting and small white bass on a SC rig worked the best. Using a larger white bass head or a chunk of wp also produced very well. I didn't keep a tally of the numbers but I'm sure it was between 20 and 26 cats. I did the best in deeper water -- 10 ft. or so. Lots of what appeared to be schools of small fish, maybe young wb out testing the deeper water? Anyhow, fast action today. 

It will get even better as the water cools. I'll be there. Just a matter of time until I converge with that 36 incher. Cool
Thanks for letting me fish with you in your boat. Tyler caught the chunkiest fish and I thought it would go longer than it did at 27". I managed a 12" wb which got me a panfish for the contest. That would have put me in a tie for first but Pisco caught a 12.5" which I was expecting to happen anytime. I also got a 29" cat which gave me a 1" bump. I just need to break that 30" barrier to get competitive with the leaders. Oh well, it's a lot of fun just to be out there trying.

If you plan to do some catfishing anytime in the future now is the time to stock up on those little wb. They are great as a whole fish or cut in half.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.