Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hyrum
Hit hyrum early this morning for some large mouth action. It was steady fishing until 9:30 or so then just small fish and bites  with no hook ups called it at 12:30. I saw lots of perch in 18 ft of water with nothing big enough to hook. I also noticed tons of large mouth minnows up shallow it appears that the bass had a very good spawn this year.
Thanks. We need more bass reports.
That may be our first non ice fishing report on Hyrum this year???

Good to hear some good news.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
way too many bass fry the last few years. Very few decent perch though there are some if you can by the million 3 inchers. It will take a year or two for the perch to come back. Seems to be way too high of bio mass in the lake.  There are some great gills in there if you can find them and go at the right time of the month.
I can remember catching nice gills there when I was younger but haven't messed with them since sounds like I better give it try. If I get back up there
Thanks for the report, it's getting to the time of year when I start to think about that pond again... If I could only find time to get out... Thanks for tempting me... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!