Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Willard catfish on the fly.
catfish on the fly rod is just too much fun. 
This was awesome. 

[Image: IMG-8265.jpg]

[Image: IMG-8281.jpg]

[Image: IMG-8283.jpg]
I waded out in the reeds to about belly button deep. Net was back on the shore and it smashed this yellow and red Willard bugger. That made landing it pretty challenging lol. I’d never seen a catfish jump out of the water and try to shake a hook before but this one sure tried it. It was awesome.
Love the hat but that title belongs to me Smile

Do you tie your own? Probably been asked that a hundred times so forgive the 101
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Lol. I’m terrible at fly fishing. Still haven’t been able to complete a double haul. I’ve learned that I don’t need to have a beautiful cast to catch fish on a fly rod though. And yes, I tie these buggers. This one was cool cause I tied it for Willard bay.
(09-10-2023, 01:00 AM)filletedalive Wrote: Lol. I’m terrible at fly fishing. Still haven’t been able to complete a double haul. I’ve learned that I don’t need to have a beautiful cast to catch fish on a fly rod though.  And yes, I tie these buggers. This one was cool cause I tied it for Willard bay.

Some of my favorite memories were sitting at the kitchen table watching dad tie his " strawberry streamer". Wish I had one now so I could try to replicate it - just for the chance to relive the experience a bit
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(09-10-2023, 12:03 AM)filletedalive Wrote: catfish on the fly rod is just too much fun. 
This was awesome. 

[Image: IMG-8265.jpg]

[Image: IMG-8281.jpg]

[Image: IMG-8283.jpg]
I waded out in the reeds to about belly button deep. Net was back on the shore and it smashed this yellow and red Willard bugger. That made landing it pretty challenging lol. I’d never seen a catfish jump out of the water and try to shake a hook before but this one sure tried it. It was awesome.

LOVE that hat
(09-10-2023, 12:03 AM)filletedalive Wrote: I’d never seen a catfish jump out of the water and try to shake a hook before but this one sure tried it. It was awesome.

Cats are not generally known for making high twisting leaps...like troutkind.  But in shallower water they often dive for the bottom, bump their noses and then reverse course and hit the top of the water.  Whiskery tarpon?
Way to be! That's freaking awesome yo....