Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sun, moon and stars all aligned up
Kory, Randy and I made a sturgeon trip yesterday.  This was my eleventh trip of the year (which has made it a great year).  This trip definitely didn't disappoint, with us setting a single-day record (on any of my boats) of 47 sturgeons landed in a single day.  We, unfortunately, also had several breakoffs (lots of rocks where we fished).  Largest was a 7-footer, several 6 footers and the average was ~4'.  We will be resting up today; especially Kory (he caught way over his share of the sturgeon, which, based upon prior experience, wasn't too surprising).  Another great outing and I'm already excited about my next trip to Idaho.
(09-13-2023, 05:49 PM)Kent Wrote: Kory, Randy and I made a sturgeon trip yesterday.  This was my eleventh trip of the year (which has made it a great year).  This trip definitely didn't disappoint, with us setting a single-day record (on any of my boats) of 47 sturgeons landed in a single day.  We, unfortunately, also had several breakoffs (lots of rocks where we fished).  Largest was a 7-footer, several 6 footers and the average was ~4'.  We will be resting up today; especially Kory (he caught way over his share of the sturgeon, which, based upon prior experience, wasn't too surprising).  Another great outing and I'm already excited about my next trip to Idaho.

Wow, that is a impressive number of sturgeon to catch in just one day, concrats to you all. Were you in a boat or were you fishing from shore? You guys must have some sore shoulders and arms after reeling in that many big fish.
From my boat.
What a great run. Did you have any clear water this time
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(09-14-2023, 06:26 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: What a great run. Did you have any clear water this time

Water was clearer than our last trip, but definitely not crystal clear.