Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Little R & R at Willard, 9-13
Rest and Relaxation?..a little..Rain and Rocking?..a little of that too...In a friend's boat today, we were not skunked, but overall slow bite..3 very nice cats iced (oops, I'm thinking ahead), and 1 on the way in fell off, and just 2 other hits for us..We had several short-lived squalls of rain hit us, and with the wind, we were definitely rocking the boat most of the time..With a bigger, covered boat, it was no problem..Could be the weather pattern change slowed the bite, at least that's 1 excuse..I couldn't get him to slow down often enough, as he wanted to try for wipers..bottom bouncer back 110' got me 2 hookups, and 1 hit off planer with fire tiger crankbait..Very few bugs because of wind conditions, and the clouds/occasional rain gave us comfortable fishing temp..tons of fish shown on the screen almost constantly, mostly 10' down to the bottom, and often large marks that were probably schools of shad...I think I'll give it another month to launch my boat here..
(09-14-2023, 04:26 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: Rest and Relaxation?..a little..Rain and Rocking?..a little of that too...In a friend's boat today, we were not skunked, but overall slow bite..3 very nice cats iced (oops, I'm thinking ahead), and 1 on the way in fell off, and just 2 other hits for us..We had several short-lived squalls of rain hit us, and with the wind, we were definitely rocking the boat most of the time..With a bigger, covered boat, it was no problem..Could be the weather pattern change slowed the bite, at least that's 1 excuse..I couldn't get him to slow down often enough, as he wanted to try for wipers..bottom bouncer back 110' got me 2 hookups, and 1 hit off planer with fire tiger crankbait..Very few bugs because of wind conditions, and the clouds/occasional rain gave us comfortable fishing temp..tons of fish shown on the screen almost constantly, mostly 10' down to the bottom, and often large marks that were probably schools of shad...I think I'll give it another month to launch my boat here..
Thanks for the report I will be back at it in a month also when the temp changes.