Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange but true
Yesterday, Randy and I were fishing for sturgeon.  Shortly after we had released one Randy noticed my pliers floating near the boat (I have a safety float attached to them, just for that reason).  We were fishing in a whirlpool, so I wasn't immediately concerned about them floating down the river, but I didn't want to take the chance that they would somehow escape the whirlpool.  I told Randy that we needed to untie us from the rock (we were tied to a rock to secure the boat while we fished) and motor over and grab the pliers.  I turned to untie us only to notice that the rope had just lifted off of the rock and we were no longer tied to the rock.  It was as if the boat realized what had to be done and took care of it.  That is the only time the rope came off of the rock during the entire day!  Strange but true.
Sorry I was in camo spying on your favorite hot spots. I had hoped you would not notice and float slowly away so I could toss in a bait.

Mwahaaaaa

Dang it is hard to spell a maniacal laugh.

Seriously that is pretty wierd.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I thought you were going to say a fish took the pliers before you could get to them... Glad you were able to get out again... One of these days I'll get on the water again... Man I'm going to have to start over from scratch it's been so long since I've been out... Guess your boat is like a good horse it knows when it needs to do something... Better keep that boat... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
For sure a strange thing to have happen, maybe you have a ghost on your boat, lol.
It must be all of the clean living. Lol

What's next training it to sniff out fish like a pointer does on birds?
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(09-18-2023, 10:10 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: It must be all of the clean living. Lol

There was a boat fishing Saturday that had a dog onboard.  We could immediately tell when they hooked up on a sturgeon because their dog started barking like crazy.
(09-19-2023, 01:51 AM)Kent Wrote:

There was a boat fishing Saturday that had a dog onboard.  We could immediately tell when they hooked up on a sturgeon because their dog started barking like crazy.
Was the angler using a bright green fishing rod?  There was also a boat by us when we were up there and the dog onboard would let everybody know that there was a hook-up.
(09-19-2023, 02:14 PM)kastmaster Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 01:51 AM)Kent Wrote:

Was the angler using a bright green fishing rod?  There was also a boat by us when we were up there and the dog onboard would let everybody know that there was a hook-up.

I don't know.  They were too far away for me to see their fishing rods.