Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocky Mt Grand Slam begins - Grayling
Ok we officially launched the quest to complete the Rocky Mountain Fresh Water Game Fish Grand Slam. Whew thats a mouthfull.

Had a few hours after school Friday so we grabbed our gear and headed up to Smith and Morehouse to chase Artic Grayling. 

It was so nice up there Friday evening. Cool almost brisk autumn temp. Sunset over Quakies starting to show color. And, relatively few anglers for company. A fair bit of weekend RV traffic going in but not an issue. 

Watched an Eagle snag dinner. Took that as a good sign. We had planned to target the shallower inlet expecting some hatches but there were a few people there ( and there were fish rising so it would have been a good starting point) but...

Moved more mid Lakeless rises but still active fish. Cookie ran a renegade on a fly and bubble set up. I ran a coachman on my 3wt. Both of us got action. It was not fast but we had steady action on grayling and bows. Pretty fun trip with some good footage and a clip with cookie that makes me Smile.

Measured a challenge PB of 11" on the grayling and 14" on a bow. Lots of opportunities to improve on the PB but that will be half the fun of the contest.

Got to get better at my photos. But I will add one

[Image: 20230915-193618.jpg]

Got to love fall. Get out there and enjoy.

Video link

https://youtu.be/0q3-bq_ZrEs?si=4wIUggIptkRBfClw
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Great job, enjoyed the video & the background scenery. Cookie is the all-around fisherwoman and Cowboy is multi-tasker camera/net boy.  Big Grin Have you ever tried to get the Wokie to use the net?
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(09-18-2023, 01:30 PM)Bduck Wrote: Great job, enjoyed the video & the background scenery. Cookie is the all-around fisherwoman and Cowboy is multi-tasker camera/net boy.  Big Grin Have you ever tried to get the Wokie to use the net?

We are happy if we can keep him from eating the fish when they come in. He has a few times. Really exciting reeling in a German Shepherd
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew