Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sturgeon invite tomorrow (Wednesday the 20th)
I realize it is on short notice, but I have an itch that can't be scratched.  The weather forecast is favorable for tomorrow (which more often than not the wind forecast is for strong winds) and so I want to do another one-day sturgeon trip.  If anyone would like to join me, send me a PM.  I have equipment that I will loan, I just ask that you pay to have it replaced if it is lost or damaged.  I leave the Bountiful area at 4:00 AM and I often don't return until late in the evening. Your share of the expenses would be ~$75 (if two of us go) and ~$50 if three of us go).  You will need to buy a one-day Idaho fishing license, if you don't already have one.  If available, and want to go, send me a PM.
Boat is full, welcome Don and Mark.
Have a good trip.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Kent,
That is a very kind offer!
One day I would like to go with you and for your generosity I will pick up the fuel tab for you and I.
Good luck!
(09-19-2023, 03:33 PM)Kent Wrote: I realize it is on short notice, but I have an itch that can't be scratched.  The weather forecast is favorable for tomorrow (which more often than not the wind forecast is for strong winds) and so I want to do another one-day sturgeon trip.  If anyone would like to join me, send me a PM.  I have equipment that I will loan, I just ask that you pay to have it replaced if it is lost or damaged.  I leave the Bountiful area at 4:00 AM and I often don't return until late in the evening. Your share of the expenses would be ~$75 (if two of us go) and ~$50 if three of us go).  You will need to buy a one-day Idaho fishing license, if you don't already have one.  If available, and want to go, send me a PM.

How did the trip go?
(09-21-2023, 06:56 PM)mjlevie Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 03:33 PM)Kent Wrote: I realize it is on short notice, but I have an itch that can't be scratched.  The weather forecast is favorable for tomorrow (which more often than not the wind forecast is for strong winds) and so I want to do another one-day sturgeon trip.  If anyone would like to join me, send me a PM.  I have equipment that I will loan, I just ask that you pay to have it replaced if it is lost or damaged.  I leave the Bountiful area at 4:00 AM and I often don't return until late in the evening. Your share of the expenses would be ~$75 (if two of us go) and ~$50 if three of us go).  You will need to buy a one-day Idaho fishing license, if you don't already have one.  If available, and want to go, send me a PM.

How did the trip go?

We ended up catching 4, fortunately, the newbie caught the largest (5'3") and caught 2.  We lost ~10 (they get off in the rocks) and we missed more bites that we should have.  It was a fun day, and it would have been nice to catch a few more.
(09-21-2023, 07:38 PM)Kent Wrote:

How did the trip go?

We ended up catching 4, fortunately, the newbie caught the largest (5'3") and caught 2.  We lost ~10 (they get off in the rocks) and we missed more bites that we should have.  It was a fun day, and it would have been nice to catch a few more.
Thanks for the report.  Sounds like a good day.  Seems like we always would like to catch a few more.  I would just like to catch one this year (I haven't been able to get up there yet this year).
(09-21-2023, 08:28 PM)mjlevie Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 07:38 PM)Kent Wrote:

How did the trip go?

Thanks for the report.  Sounds like a good day.  Seems like we always would like to catch a few more.  I would just like to catch one this year (I haven't been able to get up there yet this year).

"I haven't been able to get up there yet this year" 

That is painful to hear.  Fortunately, I have been able to get up there a record number of times.  Unfortunately, where I prefer to fish either hasn't been productive or the water has been too warm (or both).