Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catching Catfish before school.
[Image: image.jpg]

[Image: PXL-20230906-120136342.jpg]

[Image: PXL-20230920-121855761.jpg]

Hey fellas, it's been a while since I last posted on here but that has not come from a lack of fishing! Smile In utah, most schools have started something called "Late Start Wednesday" which IMO, is the dumbest thing ever. They essentially traded 2 hours of extra fishing in the afternoon, for two extra hours of sleep in time. Or for me, two extra hours of morning fishing. Although I personally would prefer getting out of school early and heading up to the mountains for the afternoon, late start wednesday has provided me with an interseting new habbit of mine. Getting up early to go catfishing on Utah Lake before school starts. At first I would get up at 5 and head down. Get to the lake at 6 and fish untill 8 and head back. But 2 hours of fishing wasnt good enough. Especially considering the catfishing is slow down there this time of year. So I started getting up at 3 and going. My mom and school buddies think I'm crazy, and I probably am, but its worth it to hook into some kitties and unfortunately make it back in time for English class... 

Biggest fish of my morning outings has been 7.2 pounds and smallest was caught yesterday at 4.1 pounds. But the average has been in the 6 pound range. I'm thinking the storms that will be rolling in the next two days will cool down the water temps and pick the fishing up a bit. The fall bite is coming!
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
Is that why Mr Miagee said Danyasun, don't forget to breath
(09-23-2023, 12:11 AM)RookyFisher Wrote: Is that why Mr  Miagee said Danyasun, don't forget to breath

I guess so lol
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
Looks like you have done well this Summer for the cats. Our local school does the opposite,on Weds they let out around noon, instead of their normal 2:30 pm time
(09-23-2023, 03:06 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Looks like you have done well this Summer for the cats. Our local school does the opposite,on Weds they let out around noon, instead of their normal 2:30 pm time

I'd definately prefer if my school did that.