Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Tug is the Drug
I have been in search of a good Carp hole, I found it today at the Ogden Bay Waterfowl Preserve. I got done with work early and headed out, I caught a couple dozen carp on bread and corn on a #4 hook with no weight. No giants but they were fun and put up a good fight. I kept and filleted several for catfish bait and turned the rest back. If tugs are what you want or if you want to practice fighting large fish carp are a good option.
[Image: IMG-1558.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1560.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1561.jpg]
Sounds like you found the hot spot for some big carp, how big do you think the largest ones were? Ira's been wanting to find some carp for bait, is this place hard to find?
(09-28-2023, 01:54 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Sounds like you found the hot spot for some big carp, how big do you think the largest ones were? Ira's been wanting to find some carp for bait, is this place hard to find?

They ranged from 16-24”. I had to crawl down some rocks similar to the ones that make up the levees at Willard, not bad if you take it slow, there was a muddy beach I set my chair up on. Pretty easy to find it I drove out past the DNR Ogden Bay WaterFowl Management area at the very end of 4800 south they opened up the gates recently for hunting and I fished below the flood gates. There is really easy access at the boat ramp above the gates but the running water below the gates looked more fishy to me.
Thanks Shawn