Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The berry 9/30
Launched around 7:30 from the marina, it was actually pretty nice outside. Fished the edges south of haws and picked up a couple on swim baits and kastmasters but it was fairly slow. Moved toward the mouth of the narrows, caught more there with swim baits and a couple on the white tube. Water temp was around 60, wind picked up around 10 so we went into the narrows and fished a bit and got a few more on tubes and swim baits. Fish seemed to be suspended in 15-20ft in 40 ish ft of water. Did find some on the bottom in the narrows.  Definitely not much up high. Around 12 wind blew us off the lake, loading was sporty to say the least. Everyone was having trouble at the ramp with the wind but we got off unscathed thankfully. I dont think the great fall bite has started just yet but maybe we were just a little off with something. Ended with 15-20 fish between 3 guys. All cutts, no bows that day. Had a great time with buddies, looking forward to a better bite soon.
(10-03-2023, 05:11 PM)Fubarfishin Wrote: Launched around 7:30 from the marina, it was actually pretty nice outside. Fished the edges south of haws and picked up a couple on swim baits and kastmasters but it was fairly slow. Moved toward the mouth of the narrows, caught more there with swim baits and a couple on the white tube. Water temp was around 60, wind picked up around 10 so we went into the narrows and fished a bit and got a few more on tubes and swim baits. Fish seemed to be suspended in 15-20ft in 40 ish ft of water. Did find some on the bottom in the narrows.  Definitely not much up high. Around 12 wind blew us off the lake, loading was sporty to say the least. Everyone was having trouble at the ramp with the wind but we got off unscathed thankfully. I dont think the great fall bite has started just yet but maybe we were just a little off with something. Ended with 15-20 fish between 3 guys. All cutts, no bows that day. Had a great time with buddies, looking forward to a better bite soon.

Thanks for the update. Thinking of going up soon.
(10-03-2023, 05:11 PM)Fubarfishin Wrote: Launched around 7:30 from the marina, it was actually pretty nice outside. Fished the edges south of haws and picked up a couple on swim baits and kastmasters but it was fairly slow. Moved toward the mouth of the narrows, caught more there with swim baits and a couple on the white tube. Water temp was around 60, wind picked up around 10 so we went into the narrows and fished a bit and got a few more on tubes and swim baits. Fish seemed to be suspended in 15-20ft in 40 ish ft of water. Did find some on the bottom in the narrows.  Definitely not much up high. Around 12 wind blew us off the lake, loading was sporty to say the least. Everyone was having trouble at the ramp with the wind but we got off unscathed thankfully. I dont think the great fall bite has started just yet but maybe we were just a little off with something. Ended with 15-20 fish between 3 guys. All cutts, no bows that day. Had a great time with buddies, looking forward to a better bite soon.

Loading up the boat in windy conditions can be a pain. Even when the catching is slow, it sure makes things better when fishing with friends. Were there lots of people up there that day?
(10-04-2023, 12:30 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Loading up the boat in windy conditions can be a pain. Even when the catching is slow, it sure makes things better when fishing with friends. Were there lots of people up there that day?

There wasn’t too many boats out, I think the high wind forecast deterred a lot of folks. Compared to a month ago it was a ghost town.
I use to love fishing there this time of year and till Ice came on.
but I catch way to many cuts fishing for Kokanee I get so I don't like even looking at them any more
so I save my money to go some where else.

thanks for your report I still like  hearing about guys catching fish at strawberry.

next time try a apex and a pro troll trout killer, are a brads   rainbow color.  are with green in them.  also a black and gold floater

[Image: 51g-HBMWb-Lb-L-AC-SX679.jpg]
My year for kokanee fishing was dismal. The first trip to the Berry in early June resulted with an incident in which I broke a rib. I knew my day was over with then ending early morning. But no skunk then since cutts were playful. I was sidelined from fishing amongst & limited to home chores for a couple of months for healing. Once I was able to return fishing the Berry, I ended up with 1 koke, 1 lost on a tail-dance, another lost at the back of the boat. No luck at any other lakes but my outings to fishing this year have been very low. Some reports at different lakes say good kokanee fishing while other reports at those very same lakes were very low catches. I think for most it wasn't a good catch year for Kokes wherever they went. 
Strawberry needs to be weeded out of some of the cutts, change up the slot, maybe every other year or 2, after all planting will continue to populate more cutts. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(10-06-2023, 01:37 PM)Bduck Wrote: My year for kokanee fishing was dismal. The first trip to the Berry in early June resulted with an incident in which I broke a rib. I knew my day was over with then ending early morning. But no skunk then since cutts were playful. I was sidelined from fishing amongst & limited to home chores for a couple of months for healing. Once I was able to return fishing the Berry, I ended up with 1 koke, 1 lost on a tail-dance, another lost at the back of the boat. No luck at any other lakes but my outings to fishing this year have been very low. Some reports at different lakes say good kokanee fishing while other reports at those very same lakes were very low catches. I think for most it wasn't a good catch year for Kokes wherever they went. 
Strawberry needs to be weeded out of some of the cutts, change up the slot, maybe every other year or 2, after all planting will continue to populate more cutts. 
Sorry to hear about your broken rib Roger, I can see how that would make for a bad start for the year but it wasn't the best year anyway, so you didn't miss much.