Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sturgeon report Oct. 5 &6
Dan, Don and I had a fun sturgeon trip.  We caught 28 the first day and figured we knew exactly what to do the next day.  The fish had a different idea.  We only caught 13 yesterday.  Nothing huge, this trip, with the largest one going 6'.  All sturgeon fought hard and were fun to reel in.  Always a great trip when I'm fishing with great guys and Dan and Don definitely fit in that category.
(10-08-2023, 01:01 AM)Kent Wrote: Dan, Don and I had a fun sturgeon trip.  We caught 28 the first day and figured we knew exactly what to do the next day.  The fish had a different idea.  We only caught 13 yesterday.  Nothing huge, this trip, with the largest one going 6'.  All sturgeon fought hard and were fun to reel in.  Always a great trip when I'm fishing with great guys and Dan and Don definitely fit in that category.

Sounds like a great trip Kent. I bet your wrist or arms were sore after reeling in all those fish on the first day, even if you only reeled in a 1/3 of them. Are Don and Dan members on BFT?
(10-08-2023, 09:26 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 01:01 AM)Kent Wrote: Dan, Don and I had a fun sturgeon trip.  We caught 28 the first day and figured we knew exactly what to do the next day.  The fish had a different idea.  We only caught 13 yesterday.  Nothing huge, this trip, with the largest one going 6'.  All sturgeon fought hard and were fun to reel in.  Always a great trip when I'm fishing with great guys and Dan and Don definitely fit in that category.

Sounds like a great trip Kent. I bet your wrist or arms were sore after reeling in all those fish on the first day, even if you only reeled in a 1/3 of them. Are Don and Dan members on BFT?

"Are Don and Dan members on BFT?"  Yes they are.
On top of good sturgeon fishing the weather was spectacular. Fishing with Kent and Dan was extremely enjoyable. It's always nice to fish with new people so you can tell them all of your old stories. Hope I didn't bore Dan too bad.
Great trip enjoyed it a pile.  Got to tell plenty of stories.  With out a doubt at least one of em was true.
Great guys great weather and great fish.
My first time for sturgeon fishing and I was definitely not disappointed.