Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo
Hit echo this afternoon I have herd tale of crappie being caught and wanted to give it a go. No crappie were harmed on this outing but we did manage to catch some of the smallest small mouth I can recall. When I would see them on the screen I figured small perch but they were 3" smallies biggest ones were around 10" we did mange. One perch by accident casting the shore and 2 planter bows. Water level is still way up for this time of year,water temp was @63 degrees. Tons of algae lake wide more up stream. Great weather to be outside today fun was had by all. At least on my boat
(10-09-2023, 01:22 AM)Bubman1 Wrote: Hit echo this afternoon I have herd tale of crappie being caught and wanted to give it a go. No crappie were harmed on this outing but we did manage to catch some of the smallest small mouth I can recall. When I would see them on the screen I figured small perch but they were 3" smallies biggest ones were around 10" we did mange. One perch by accident casting the shore and 2 planter bows. Water level is still way up for this time of year,water temp was @63 degrees. Tons of algae lake wide more up stream. Great weather to be outside today fun was had by all. At least on my boat

Thanks for the report, sound like some decent fishing, even if the fish were small. We have tried for those crappie several times and they are hard to find, I think you can catch them if you find the area that they hang around but them seem to be constantly moving. Were there lots of people there that day?