Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport and More
Hit the port for a couple of hours.  Chill to the air on arrival and for the next couple of hours nothing.  Several kinds of bait, a whole grundle of lures...Saw a few boats, no action in them either.  One guy off perch point anchored up so he may have been on something. Wind increased until we threw in the towel at around 10.

Decided to try Smith &Morehouse hoping for a little protection from the increasing winds. First cast, nice strike, didn't see it before it let go.  Then a SNIT on the bottom worm, then my buddy reeled in one and that was it.  By 1pm it was to windy to fish so we headed to lunch at the new Kamas Diner.

Kamas Diner, newly reopened and expanded.  I had the Ruben, it was so-so.  Burger looked good, sweet potatoe fries were great, I should have had the club...
The Kamas dinner. Is that the one in the train car?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(10-11-2023, 12:35 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: The Kamas dinner. Is that the one in the train car?

Might be the new diner in Oakley, a couple of towns north of Kamas.  Not a train car, but can see where it may have some similar looks. 
https://oakleydiner.com/history/
(10-11-2023, 12:35 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: The Kamas dinner. Is that the one in the train car?
Yes, I've got the village wrong, it's the Oakley Diner.  The one you are thinking of right on the corner where you turn to S&M, just above the cash store and PO.  It's the "dining car" looking one you are thinking of.

(10-11-2023, 04:11 PM)quota Wrote:

Might be the new diner in Oakley, a couple of towns north of Kamas.  Not a train car, but can see where it may have some similar looks. 
https://oakleydiner.com/history/

Yes, I don't know where I am half the time and don't care the other half...